new tank - I will have to get more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansei

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started building the stand last night for the new tank -125gal long . Hope to have water in by the weekend. Also have an Aquaclear 500 HOB , 2 powerheads , 2 x 30in. light canopies with timers and 2 x 5 gal buckets of gravel and many rocks and deco. Just picked up a Fluval 405 to replace a UGF that was in it ,I'll get some pics when it is filled . Tank is going to sit at eye level . Can't wait to get a nice community in there.

Yes fishless I hope I can use the media from the present tank ( see post in Freshwater general) to speed it up - Hope to go with Angels , GBR and asst. Tetras , Rainbows , Corys and Gourami as I have those already .

Good for you on the fishless cycle. Seeded media will help speed up your cycle. The stocking sounds great but on the tetras, don't get neons with the angelfish. Angelfish eat neons rather rapidly.

The tetras will manly be black skirts , I like neons but as you said angels eat them in the wild so they are a no no. ,maybe a school of another larger tetra.

Angels eat them in my tank too. LOL, when I first started out in this hobby the lfs sold me 2 angels and 7 neons. By the next morning I had 2 bloated angels and no neons. Definately another type of tetras.

Update - I almost have the stand finished but the tank is up and running (seeded with old filter and substrate) , and after a week and half my Australian Rainbow loves the freedom of a 6 foot sprint , and the cory's take hours before they cover the same ground again. Put some Echinodorus red rubin , Cabomba caroliniana , Gymnocoronis spilanthoides in and they seem to be growing well(G. spilanthoides appears to have grown a couple of inches as it is now coming up out of the water)

Attachments

• pic_041_157.jpg
    pic_041_157.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom