New (used) 75 gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I spent most of the day tearing down and helping move a 75 gal tank, stand, lights, rock, wet/dry, skimmer, etc to my house. Here is a summary of what I got.

75 Gal tank
Tall stand (40" height) putting the tank at direct eye level
2 icecap 660 ballasts (one works and one has a short)
4 4' VHO bulbs in a canopy (need new bulbs)
small wet/dry filter with overflow
two large powerheads that have 802 written on them
homemade skimmer
homemade water leveler
eheim 1250 pump
200W ebojager heater
Lots of button polyps and lots of sinulra corals
40lbs or so of live rock

And I paid...

$125.00

Photos to follow this week as I clean up the entire setup. The guy who told me about the deal got 20lbs of rock and a water pump for his commision. He might have scored an unworking icecap 660 aswell but im not sure.

Well the deal kind of fell in my lap. I honestly tried to let some other folks take advantage but the short notice was probably to much for them. The guy had to get rid of the tank no later than today and I found out about the deal on Friday evening.

A little insulation on the wiring would be a good idea, from an electrical standpoint.

Did you really mean you did a little cleaning to get it to that?

Well aside from the hour and half it took to take the system down and the time it took to transport it home I spend maybe 10-15min with a garden hose and a small scraper getting the cyano and lose algae out. The rest is just dried water and coraline in the tank. THe stand needs some wood protectant as well as the canopy.

From what I understand the canopy is at least 10 years old. The tank itself is at least 15 years old.

This is going to be quite a bit of elbow grease. Are you going to refinish the stand before you set it up?

Probably not refinish it. Clean the top and the insides with a rag and water and then maybe put on some water sealant.

Awesome Deal Congrats.. My friends dad kinda fell into a deal like that but he got a 240gal acrylic for 150.00 that was RR and had all the equiptment except lights and he sold it without letting me know about it prior for 75.00 lol grrr.. he was a FW person and so was I at the time.. Sometimes deals like that come and you gotta be ready to jump on it quick lol

Congrats,
James

You got that for $125.00? That's not a deal, that's robbery! LOL What's a new 660 go for these days - more than $125.00! Wow, nice.

We have an empty 75g sitting in our basement (maybe soon to be our new frag tank). When we first tore it down, we toyed with selling it, but figured heck, I'd rather keep it than give it away - and that's what you got, someone giving it away!

Very nice.

Updated photos. Tank was cleaned (as best I could), tank was wiped down and re covered with clear poly and same with the canopy. Painted the back of the tank sea blue.

Added 100lbs of southdown and another 20-30lbs of live southdown from the 45 gal. Added the live rock that came with the tank and the rock that wsa in my 45 and the 20 gal aswell as the fish from the 45 and 20 gal tank. Now the tank is clearing up nicly from the live sand addition yesterday morning. These pics where taken last night.

CLICK ME to get a LARGE version of the tank

More photos can be found in my gallery.

http://www.vafishfreek.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=75Gal

Back
Top Bottom