Newbie! Picking up first tank Tuesday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZFurlong

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

Really need advice please. We are taking on an established 60 litre tank from a lady who can no longer manage to look after it. We understand all the basics, using the aquarium water for transport, using the bags, acclimating the fish back into the tank etc. My husband is so calm but i am so nervous about transporting them and getting them settled! Having done more research i see that there are certain fish that cannot be transported together.

We will have:

1 Bumble Bee Snail
2 Female Guppies
2 Baby Guppies
1 X Ray Tetra
2 Oxystink? (This is what she calls them! They suck algae from the sides i think)
2 Zebra Loach

The tank has and LED Light, a Stingray filter and a heater. Think they are warm water rather than tropical (or is that marine?)

Any help and reassurance, i would be so grateful!

Many thanks :)

They are tropical. Keep them at 76-78*F

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Congrats on the tank! I'm sure if you post a picture of the "oxystink" we can identify it for you.

Congrats on the tank! I'm sure if you post a picture of the "oxystink" we can identify it for you.

+1 to the picture. The name definitely ot a laugh out of me.

Hi there,

Really need advice please. We are taking on an established 60 litre tank from a lady who can no longer manage to look after it. We understand all the basics, using the aquarium water for transport, using the bags, acclimating the fish back into the tank etc. My husband is so calm but i am so nervous about transporting them and getting them settled! Having done more research i see that there are certain fish that cannot be transported together.

We will have:

1 Bumble Bee Snail

2 Female Guppies

2 Baby Guppies

1 X Ray Tetra

2 Oxystink? (This is what she calls them! They suck algae from the sides i think)

2 Zebra Loach

The tank has and LED Light, a Stingray filter and a heater. Think they are warm water rather than tropical (or is that marine?)

Any help and reassurance, i would be so grateful!

Many thanks :)

Not familiar with the ray tetra but knowing tetras you'd want a school of at least 4-5.m to prevent them from nipping the guppies. I'd suggest separating the fry (babies;)) because they don't sound like they'll last very long (even guppy parents eat their fry).

My favourite website for stocking is aqadvisor. You can put in your tank's dimensions, filter and stock and it'll tell you what to do and can do.

Make sure you update us!! :)

<g.m.t.a>

Back
Top Bottom