Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question No more Plants or Soil...

New to the community, hello to all you fishy people.

I have had my first and only aquarium for a few of years. Started with the thought that I would build a beautiful living environment for all of my happy
fish. After working with substates, soil and gravels, working with a range of plants, an assortment of fish, recreational and the worker class, I have come to the realization that, 'Hey, that is quite a bit of work...
So.....I have decided to try and simplify. No more soils and plants. I need some help on what is in front of me.
I have a 45gal, fresh water, Eheim canister filter.
Cherry Barb, Tiger Barb, and Buenos Aires Tetra

I just started my new tank yesterday and I am wondering about, Snails, Shrimp and/or Plecos (or similar) I vacuum my substrate as well but I want to help the process. Question is.... now I will have less (I hope) of an plant type algae problem.. now my concern will be uneaten food and fish waste. I don't want to fight snail over-population, or unfertilized eggs to clean up.

Does anybody out there have some thoughts and/or personal experience with
my needs?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1843.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	318713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1847.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	318714  

Tags
oil, plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com