Orange and White Dragonscale Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Always have been loving orange Bettas since they started coming up for sale.

Was in the store grabbing a few things and this pretty caught my eye. He's not goldfish orange which I was more seriously looking for, but one of my past Bettas was similar more yellow though and was one of the most beautiful fish. This one had a blue iridescent glow on a small part and he looked like he was getting ammonia poisoning, with so much red in his tail.

So I "saved" him from who knows what fate. He already is so beautiful. I think he will change color maybe lighten up. Have much more iridescence.

He was very much more pale his body looked more like his peach pale head when I got him from the store. And the center of the tail had much more red, more blood veins of darker red.

So he colored up and looks more white (body) now as the pic shows.

My other Betta is getting some bumpy parts so I do not think he will be around for a super long time. So I had kinda been browsing Bettas at the stores.

60074-albums14882-picture73010.jpg

60074-albums14882-picture73011.jpg

I fed him and he readily ate.

How much did you pay for it? USD. I remember specifically that dragonscales are sought-after by breeding programs and collectors, if you purchased from a big box that's a nice snag!

He ate this evening, and wa lounging in his ~ 1G container.

Was going to put him directly into the Edge, but the Rummynose are in there and I was maybe taking them to someone on Friday, so thought maybe waiting to move him until Saturday when they are gone, just to be sure to not cross contaminate if there was to be any illness he could bring in.

He has a fluffy tuft of Subwassertang and moss to lay in and he appeared to like the fluffy spot!

Creamsicle maybe, lol.

So lucky to find him.

He's hanging out next to my chair so I can watch him!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thinking I should feed him some anti-parasite food. Maybe start that tomorrow as he already ate.

He will be getting a 100% water change each day, after a good dinner. I have been giving him a little snack at breakfast.

I usually wait to name a Betta for awhile, to make sure they make it. Also I don't name many fish these days, but they might have pet / nick names. But feel free to add any thoughts here. He's a special one already. So it seems he'll have a name.

Update: today I see a iridescent rim at the base of the dorsal starting, and, the rim around the tail is partial as well. This is super exciting and he's just hanging out in a 1G bowl still till tomorrow!

Woke up to find my laptop frizzled out over night and I haven't loaded a pic yet, but I will when I get some more time. Did take a couple pics though to document the progression. He came from Petco so maybe this week yours has some nice looking fish too.

Soo pretty! WOW! they definetly enjoy moss in my experience. I think hed look beautiful in a dark substrate with some mossy manzanita wood. Keep us updated!

Soo pretty! WOW! they definetly enjoy moss in my experience. I think hed look beautiful in a dark substrate with some mossy manzanita wood. Keep us updated!

Yes he would.

~~~~~

So I cleaned the 12G got 2 pwc of 5G as back to back pwc.

An the Rummy Nose hanging out (for QT) were so skiddish and looked terrified. I lost one last major clean up from stress. So I left them alone after trying a few scoops with the net.

Have some thoughts rolling around about a tank but was trying not to add any more tanks right now.

The 30G tank I have is getting ready for a spring cleaning. There are 3 possible tanks 30G, and the 2 Edge tanks.

Creamsicle, nick name for now seems very calm. So I wonder if he'd eat too many ofmy teeny shrimp. In the black Edge. Though if I left lots of Subwassertang and moss in there at the bottom, it would probably be fine.

If you want to keep the population of the shrimp down this would be good.. seeing as most of your tanks provide much hiding places I think some shrimp would survive while providing nutrition and enrichment for creamsicle

Well I want to raise the shrimp as tjey are fairly expensive.

And he's sitting next to my hang out spot/ chair where I always sit and comes around to say, Hi, feed me!?

And i give him a pellet.

Back
Top Bottom