our new oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lala

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there. I am new here and not sure which forum is best to post this in... but since my question involves a new fish I thought "new acquisitions" might be a good place to start. :n00b:

My husband and I have a 36 gallon tank. We have 3 small feeder goldfish leftover from recycling our tank after an ich outbreak a year ago. We're not sure what do do with them now. We also have a small grey Oranda that we've had for a few months.

Thursday night we brought home a beautiful black and orange Oranda. He is quite a bit larger than our other Oranda but we fell in love with him and just couldn't leave him there in the way to small tank the pet store had him in!

He seems great. Swimming around very happily and investigating the plants and bridge. The problem is that occasionally he will sit on the bottom of the tank. He will hide behind one of the plants and will rest his chin down on the gravel. (just his chin.) As soon as I walk near the tank he gets up and swims around again. And is definitely active during feeding time. But the sitting on the gravel thing makes me nervous. He otherwise seems healthy. Is this a problem? :confused: What can I do to make sure our new friend is healthy? We really do want to have him for a good long while.

Here he is. I just love him already. I hope he is not sick!

Attachments

• image-2840075556.jpg
    image-2840075556.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 98
I'm definately no expert, so I could be wrong, But could he just be resting? Do you turn the lights off at night, if not he might just be sleeping... That being said You've had fish before so I assume you already knew that haha... so I dont know what else to say besides guessing he's just resting...sorry!
Beautiful fish btw!

Back
Top Bottom