Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markteaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know a good paint for concrete in my aquarium? Meaning durability and safeness? Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you considered using an aquarium sealant rather than paint on concrete? I have used Krylon Fusion (after curing) without an issue but this was on hard plastic, not on porous concrete. I am not sure how well any type of paint would cure or be durable on concrete. Concrete-specific paints may pose toxicity issues that may be harmful to aquatic life (such as type used on pools) but I would spend time researching these and contacting the manufacturers for specifics before considering their use. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much helps a lot ! I will do so but maybe you can answer one more question, do you think I can put my paint down, then use a dealer on top causing both the paint to be durable and concealing all toxicity?

I have not done this but have a few friends who make custom backgrounds. They swear by coloring sealent. Most paints and sealents have toxic substances in them. I would assume there is something out there, but will take some searching. Finding a 100% safe way to color the aquarium sealent is much easier. And much like foid coloring will be easy to mix custom colors yourself. They would kill me if i gave away how to achieve this, but hope this hint helps.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also remember water is the universal solvent. Paints and sealents will degrade, leech, breakdown over time in water. Happy tanking.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Use plastic background because its easy to change & you can feel good when you see some things new looks time of changing.

Sent from my Micromax A177 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom