Picked up some new 'kribis'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fruitbat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of you may know that, in addition to my absolute mania for Polypterids and 'other' Anabantids, I'm also fascinated by the riverine cichlids of Africa. I've finally convinced my favorite LFS to work on getting more species of these fish in (besides the standard 'kribensis' - Pelvicachromis pulcher which are gorgeous in their own right).

Yesterday I got a call from one of the guys who does the ordering and he let me know that they'd gotten in some more of those 'weird-looking kribensis' so I shot over there after work to see what had arrived.

To make a long story short....I've added a gorgeous pair of 'true' Pelvicachromis subocellatus and a spectacular pair of Pelvicachromis humilis to my collection. Both males and females are magnificently colored and I'm sure they're going to really brighten up in their new surroundings. No pictures yet, unfortunately, because they're a bit skittish around their new tank-mates but I'll post some as soon as possible.

-Joe

Well, I couldn't wait for pics so I looked them up. Very pretty fish. Congrats on the new additions. :D

Here's the first shot of the male Pelvicachromis humilis. He's going to be a real beauty when he's fully mature.

phumilis1m.jpg

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom