PJs anyone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I was at the LFS today, my weekly visit, and I couldn't resist the price for these guys. So I decided they would make a nice addition to the tank.

pj12408btl6.jpg

Here is what the good Drs have to say about them. They can get to about 3" in size in the aquarium. They are just a neat fish to watch.

A 30 gallon or larger aquarium with a cave and peaceful tank mates is suitable for this slow and methodical swimmer. It tends to hide in sea grass or other plants, or may use long spined urchins for camouflage. If a larger aquarium is available, it will handle a small group of this species. As a group, they will establish a strict hierarchy without aggressiveness.

I fell in love with these fish at MACNA XIX, and if I get a SW tank, it will be to keep these guys! :)

Anne, I don't think they are that large - only a little bigger than a betta. From what I read they are not aggressive. Their relative, the Bangaii cardinal, is a little more aggressive and a little larger.

Excellent pickup, Ziggy! How many total did you get and what size is your tank?

I got 3 and I have a 72g bow. I couldn't beat the price! 3 for $30!! I've wanted them for a long time just haven't got them. I went to the LFS I go to all the time and he had ordered them by mistake so I helped him get rid of the LOL!

Do yours tend to stay in one place or move around? Most of the ones I see in the store kinda hang in one place.

I loved my pj cardinal! They are nocturnal though so if you want to view them when most active view with LED lights or something! They aren't aggressive, well at least mine wasn't. Congrats on the new addition :)

Roka, they tend to hover much of the time and pretty easy going fish; although, they do have their hierarchies.

Ziggy, one of my personal faves so congrats on the new additions. Do watch them very carefully as they tend to be sensitive, especially if they were not quarantined and medicated. I definitely prefer these over their dirty pajama counterparts, orbicularis.

I have a pair in my tank. They are fully grown now. The are slow peaceful swimmers. They do come out at feeding time but hang back on the other side of the tank from all the comotion. Very neat fish to watch.

I NEED a frag of that acro. Da-n winter!

Roka, so far they are hovering over the large acro that I have. They are pretty cool. I don't mind having some fish that sit still, everything else in the tank is on the move all the time so they are a nice contrast.

Innovator, they are awesome fish I agree with you! John had them QTed and he medicates his fish so I'm confident they will be fine. They are eating this morning so that is a good sign.

Great looking group there Allen. I love those fish just never have gotten any. You might have pushed me over. LOL

Gotta love the PJ's. We have 2 in our tank (sadly one didn't make it through QT) and love them. Ours tend to swim around a good bit during the day, they are not as stationary as most. Fun fish to watch.

Back
Top Bottom