Plant ID and Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omar_Razer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well I am new to planted aquarium. I have been trying to look all over the internet for the ID of this plant. Cant really find a similar looking plant cause my plant has roots all over in the stem and between the branches but looks close to some kind of Anubias.

So help tell me what it seems like it is. and is it a background or foreground plant. and whats with all those roots shooting around

Can I grow this plant in the netted pot it came in?
I will use Micro and Macro liquid supplements for it(on the way)
with DIY Co2.

I am looking for plant substrate since long which i cant find for planted aquarium its kinda hard to get in here and I cannot get it shipped from abroad in here. So till then can it out grow in the pot?

Attachments

• IMG_7380.jpg
    IMG_7380.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7379.jpg
    IMG_7379.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 48
Hi there!
Welcome to AA!

Don't recognize this plant, maybe some kind of hygrophillia? What country are you in?

Regular sand works great for plants, it's what I mainly use. You can leave the plant in the pot, but eventually it will need to properly be planted.

Hey, Thanks Tropical Aquarist for the welcome :)

I live in Saudi Arabia. The thing is LFS dont know what they sell usually. But if i go to a Branded LFS they charge double or triple the price and well they know what they sell, I've been there to check for the same plant but they dint have this one.

yea somewhere in the desert i have an aquarium:cool:.. lol

Thanks for the advice I will check over there what they have to say. :)

Back
Top Bottom