Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I got my 20 gal setup and cycling I was wanting to do some plants just not sure which ones and need a little insight thanks

It depends a lot on your lighting but if you are sticking with a basic stock fixture then start with the easy plants like java ferns, anubias, maybe some mosses. Crypts work pretty well also.

K and for nutrients do I have to put any extra I the tank

Yeah, root tabs for the crypt and a high quality liquid fertilizer for everything else. The plants would also really appreciate a liquid carbon supplement.

K should petsmart have that stuff only pet store we have round here and for the liquid carbon would I just put it in the tank or watt

K should petsmart have that stuff only pet store we have round here and for the liquid carbon would I just put it in the tank or watt

For a low tech setup you could use seachem flourish comprehensive and API leaf zone once a week for the ferts and seachem excel daily for the carbon suppliment. Petsmart should have it all but you could find it a lot cheaper online. And yes they all go in the tank I reccomend at least an hour before the lights come on sp it is mixed in the water column well and ready to be used by the plants.

Last edited:
Alright I appreciate it the planted re tanks look awesome but never knew anything about them til now

There a lot of fun. Since I can't afford the salt water tank I want yet I got into planted tanks and was siprised how much goes into a high tech setup it is def a lot of fun. Just to forewarn you though once you get this tank planted you will prob be hooked and want to start upgrading to more plants. I did and my tank went from a couple common plants to being 100% planted very quickly.

Nice yea I have mts right now lol my fiance don't get mad I guess thats good at least my hobby isn't drugs but yea salt water would b awesome to have but I can't afford that to expensive

Nice yea I have mts right now lol my fiance don't get mad I guess thats good at least my hobby isn't drugs but yea salt water would b awesome to have but I can't afford that to expensive

Neither did mine at first. Mts snails? I have snails in all my tanks. They help keep it clean and keeps the sub aerated.

Neither did mine at first. Mts snails? I have snails in all my tanks. They help keep it clean and keeps the sub aerated.

No multiple tank syndrome lol yea I will have to get a couple snails can't wait for my 20 to get done cycling but got a long way to go only on day two any stock ideas might b good ?

I'm only at 3 lol two questions would api co2 booster work instead of Sea chem excel and would a white ribbon work with my lighting

I use the metricide and mix it with distilled its the same thing as excel and co2 booster but a lot cheaper cause you aren't paying for water.

O ok yea I just moved states and not sure where other fish stores r but petsmart lol

Back
Top Bottom