Please help-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeithnHarry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon, it's been a few weeks since I set it up. Everything was crystal clear until it started to have bits of white particulate matter form- now it is extremely cloudy... I have a penguin 350 bio wheel and I just put another filter I had on it to see if it would help to no avail...

Do I need to do a massive water change?

This seems to be after putting a pleco in the tank and adding water from the pet store.

I have some hardy fish in it but there are little white or clear marks on the fish- I don't know how to explain it, it's like their scales are missing. I can't tell if it is ich, it doesn't look as obvious as ich.

My fish are slightly less active but I think it is because they can't see, when I feed them they respond very quickly.

Hopefully someone knows how to remedy this!

I put a flocculant in it and it didn't do much at all.... I probably should of waited much longer for my tank to cycle-

Have a good one-

Have you performed any water changes?

What do you treat your water with?

Do you have other tanks that are setup or do you know anyone who has an established tank?

Back
Top Bottom