Possibilities for next set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amax25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so currently I have a 64 liter (15 gallon) tank housing 2 koi that are getting ready to move into their new pond when I get it finished.

Once they move out I am planning a tropical set up. I will be using a canister style filter to maximize space within the tank.

What kind of fish would you recommend? I quite fancy some cichlids and angel fish.

I would suggest that you do loads of species research prior to stocking this tank. I have a tank slightly larger than that and the biggest thing in there is a cory.

No cichlids or angelfish would be appropriate for this size tank. I would recommend that you look into what I call "mini" fish like ember tetras, or perhaps turn it into a red cherry shrimp tank.

Basically, I want a nice tank with some brightly coloured fish and some live plants. I was thinking cichlids as I saw a beautiful Oscar, I think a tiger Oscar and loved it. However I'm open to suggestions.

Oscars get huge, cichlids get huge.

There are some really bright, colorful tetras that work in smaller tanks, and definitely some very colorful guppies.

EDIT: There's even some other types of fish that have small relatives!
There's some like this, that may be nice? So much variety, all you have to do is look for fish an inch and a half or smaller, and with that you have a lot to work with.

P_gertrudae_Weipa%20%20gs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom