Rosy barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Small1604

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, totally new to this!

Got a 35l tank on Xmas eve.... Filled it up added the recommended treatment and added 2 rosy barbs 4 days later... Been feeding once a day and did a 20% water change after 3 days...
Have recently found that one of my rosy barbs is hiding in the cave alot whereas the other is very lively.... Just wondering if it is being reclusive due to sickness or is it being bullied?? Planning on getting water tested and adding more rosy barbs soon...

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks xx

Hi, totally new to this!

Got a 35l tank on Xmas eve.... Filled it up added the recommended treatment and added 2 rosy barbs 4 days later... Been feeding once a day and did a 20% water change after 3 days...
Have recently found that one of my rosy barbs is hiding in the cave alot whereas the other is very lively.... Just wondering if it is being reclusive due to sickness or is it being bullied?? Planning on getting water tested and adding more rosy barbs soon...

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks xx

Welcome!
Unfortunately your tank is far too small for your fish. A bigger tank is in order(20-30 gallons or 80-120 liters) along with a bigger school of fish, but right now you are going through a cycle, so small water changes daily will help your fish a lot. Also, get an API Master Freshwater Liquid Test Kit if possible and test levels daily. You should have zero ammonia and nitrites, and under 30 nitrates. If not, do a water change. Your fish is probably reacting to toxins in the water. Can we get a tank photo?

... There you go!!!

Attachments

• image-1900401852.jpg
    image-1900401852.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 132
Will try and get a kit soon... Was planning on getting water tested tommorrow.... Can change the size of the tank so am I best getting smaller fish instead of more rosy barb?

I would return the Rosy barbs as they will be unhappy and get a single betta with some ghost shrimp. No other commonly available choices, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom