Sapphire rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I had to rehome one of the female rams the stress of being the smallest was getting to be too much, but it seems the male is intent on having multiple females. Any time the other 2 start to butt heads he swims up and pushes them to opposite ends of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A little update, I unknowingly screwed up pretty bad. There was another spawn a few days ago and I thought the eggs had been eaten, well I was very WRONG. The female had moved her wigglers to a small divot in a piece of wood. Well I did a very thorough water change today and while cleaning the moss sucked up all but 2 of the wigglers which I just now noticed. It didn't dawn on me that something may have been up when the female was unrelenting in her attack on the hose :banghead:

Oh no! That stinks. Sorry to hear this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A little update, I unknowingly screwed up pretty bad. There was another spawn a few days ago and I thought the eggs had been eaten, well I was very WRONG. The female had moved her wigglers to a small divot in a piece of wood. Well I did a very thorough water change today and while cleaning the moss sucked up all but 2 of the wigglers which I just now noticed. It didn't dawn on me that something may have been up when the female was unrelenting in her attack on the hose :banghead:

I'm sorry for the loss but I think I feel worse for the ram!

The female spawned again already! There's quite a few eggs from what I can see. The odd thing is, the male is defending the eggs while the female patrols the whole of the territory, it's definitely the opposite of what I am used to seeing with dwarf cichlids.

Mine take turns, the last spawn had the male on the eggs for almost 2 days straight. His colors were getting very dark, he looked way stressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks I'm hoping to be able to pull them just before they become free swimming.

Isn't there someone here who says if there aren't pics it didn't happen? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, congrats!

Good job gille. If you have any you want to sell you know who to hit up [emoji57][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there someone here who says if there aren't pics it didn't happen? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, congrats!

Unfortunately my camera isn't good enough to get a pic where they are currently placed, they have them nestled at the edge of a fissidens clump. Which reminds me Brookster, my fissidens should be blowing up here in a few weeks, so when I have some to spare I'll let you know, if you still want some.

Unfortunately my camera isn't good enough to get a pic where they are currently placed, they have them nestled at the edge of a fissidens clump. Which reminds me Brookster, my fissidens should be blowing up here in a few weeks, so when I have some to spare I'll let you know, if you still want some.

Surely I do!! Can't wait to do some plant trading thus spring :)

What's your plan? Nature or nurture?

Back
Top Bottom