Score!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been looking for a good deal on 75 Gallon for about a year. I've shown up at peoples' houses and their 75G advertised tanks end up being a 55.
Well today it finally happened. However, this time it worked the other way. The tank was advertised as a 60 Gallon. It is a 90 Gallon and I got it for $100. I am super stoked! It came with the stand and cap. I don't have those in the picture but they are black. Can't wait to see the finished product. Not sure what I am going to do with all this extra space!?!?!? I currently have a 55G setup. IMG_0670.jpg

That is a great score. Finding bargains like that make the hobby much more fun.(y)

Fingers crossed that all goes well after leak testing it. Then get some vinegar and clean it up.
“Some much room for activities!”

Fingers crossed that all goes well after leak testing it. Then get some vinegar and clean it up.
“Some much room for activities!”

Yes! I have to work the next 2 nights, so it will be a few days before I can get around to it. I've already started rubbing it down with vinegar. My husband is reinforcing the stand. "He says he is beefing it up!" The people I got it from are lucky they haven't had it full of waters for a while. The stand had rotted near the bottom corner and was very weak. Yikes!

That is a great score. Finding bargains like that make the hobby much more fun.(y)

Yes it does. Although I was originally staying away from the 90 because of the depth. That's a wet shoulder right there. Lol!!!! I was still glad to get the extra space for $100.

Congrats. New things are always exciting, especially when it means new fish.... lol

I hear you on the depth. I've seen a lot of really nice aquarium setups around me for sale cheap, but as short as I am, I'll pass on anything much over about 20" deep.... lol

Sweet grab! I snatched up my 75g that was posted as 100g for $55. But couldn't go wrong when it came with a c-360 canister filter, heater, and gravel vac. All worked. So, I had to get it for my first tank. I love it. Would have loved a 100g more. But still awesome finds like that are the best. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Enjoy every inch. [emoji4]

Sweet grab! I snatched up my 75g that was posted as 100g for $55. But couldn't go wrong when it came with a c-360 canister filter, heater, and gravel vac. All worked. So, I had to get it for my first tank. I love it. Would have loved a 100g more. But still awesome finds like that are the best. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Enjoy every inch. [emoji4]

Thanks!!!! I am thinking about going to pool filter sand and getting some Cory cats.

Yes that's an awesome steal. 55$ wow!!!! My first tank which was the 55 gallon came with a fluval canister 404. I was super excited. The motor eventually quit but it gave me 2 good years. I have since moved to hob filters.
I tend to be a better fish tank mom when the access to my media is easy access.

So I absolutely can not get the stains off of this old aquarium. I've used bar keeps friend, vinegar and a razor blade. The calcium deposits have come off but the glass is discolored. Liked etched, I guess. Looks like an oil stain on the glass around the top of the tank. It is not near as noticeable when the tank has water in it. Is there anything else I can do to refurbish the glass??

Back
Top Bottom