Severum in 46 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htkittell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone! I just got a 46 gallon bowfront for free and I’m wondering if I can put a Gold Severum in there, and if so what are some good tankmates (if that’s possible). If not, what are some other recommendations?

Depending on where you read up on it, the recommend 45-75 gallons. It would prob work in a 36" tank, but not with any tank mates. If you wanted cichlids, a convict and firemouth would work in there, if they had caves to claim. Apistogramma, rams, julidochromis, kribensis, etc, you could have several. Any large cichlid like a severum is going to claim that whole tank for itself

I have a 46 bow front too, it's being used as a grow out/, holding tank until I get my 150g finished. Eventually my wife wants to put a pair of rams and maybe 6 neons in there as a fully planted tank

You can put a severum in a coffee can if you want. 75 gal minimum, why halt potential in an under sized tank?? Do you want a single centerpiece with a pleco comrade? More than 5 fish?

Ok! Thanks for the reply, I’d rather some tankmates over just one large fish. Would 1-2 Electric Blue Acara’s work? If so, what are some good tank mates for them.

Yah, they're awesome, hardy fish. Larger Cory's or a pleco on the bottom. They'll eat anything mid water that fits in their mouth

Nice to hear that would work! What about a blood parrot and some smaller fish? Could one go with the acaras or is that too much? Sorry if I seem ignorant, I really appreciate the advice!

Nice to hear that would work! What about a blood parrot and some smaller fish? Could one go with the acaras or is that too much? Sorry if I seem ignorant, I really appreciate the advice!
I have a blood parrot too, he's really big. He has a huge ol honking head and he's pretty aggressive. He's the tank box boss. It's about 7"

Back
Top Bottom