Sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flemming

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Everyone,

I used to own a 6ft tank which i sold when i recently moved in with my partner and i had to downgrade to a small 30L tank which is a bummer.

Anyways i have set it up so that it is tropical with light and filter and a heater obviously. So anyway I like the "shark" type fish best and i have a red-finned black shark who is slighty territorial and does dwell at the bottom below the logs and other fixtures and i am looking to get some more of the shark type fish.

When i used to have the 6ft tank i had two Bala's and one albino red-finned and one black red-finned. I was wondering if it is still possible for me to have Bala's in a small tank? Will they grow too large? and can i have albino and black red-fins in a small tank or will they fight?

Because in my old tank i originally had two albinos and two black red-finned and they both killed off the other of the same type. So the albino killed the weaker albino but didn't attack the black red-finned.

Any thoughts?

Erik:)

redfins willl not tollerate the same species in a tank smaller than a 55+.. dont know why but they just believe everything is theirs.. go with the albino.. its a possibility it will be able to stay in with it. but not garenteed. bala's will get to big for a 29-30gal within the first year. i just had to move mine into a 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom