Showing off...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ownedbycats

Aquarium Advice Activist
My new betta! I had to go to the fish store due to a heater disater, and couldn't not buy this guy. (I'm a little late posting this, a week and a half has passed, I went back and all the other bettas that were there had been replaced with paler bettas. Had I waited he would have gone home with someone else.)
Edit: His fins are whole, no tears, but the edges are see through and in the pictures I just realized it looks like the see-through parts aren't there at all.

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 129
  • drifting.jpg
    drifting.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 120
  • reflection-1.jpg
    reflection-1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 110
  • reflection-2.jpg
    reflection-2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 110
Also wanted to show off my harlequins. They aren't new, they were the first inhabitants in my tank, but their colors are new. They were so tiny when I got them, they were just silver and black. Recently the blue iridescent stripe on the sides and on their back appeared, and orangeish color appeared in their fins and in front of the black triangle. The cherry shrimp are new. The lady I got them from was really generous. I paid for 20 shrimp and when I counted there were more like 40, not counting the really tiny ones the fish got.
Please view the larger version of the second picture. You can really see the blue stripe and orange then.

Attachments

• harlequin-trio.jpg
    harlequin-trio.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 98
  • shiny.jpg
    shiny.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 105
  • shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 139
Your Betta us gorgeous. What do u have in the tank with him and what size?

I have a 20g long tank divided into 5g and 15g sections. The 5g section has the betta and the 15g section has harlequin rasboras and cherry shrimp. A couple small shrimp squeezed through the divider and promptly got eaten, so he is going to be by himself for now. That section was originally supposed to house a pair of African dwarf frogs. I still want the ADFs but I can't move the betta to the 15g section as planned without losing my shrimp. I think the betta is forcing me to buy a second tank, making this one expensive betta

Back
Top Bottom