Slime on my bog wood? Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added some wood to my tank and it's gone all slimy and iv noticed its gotten worse there is more of it and it's now spread threw out the tank, it's now of another piece of wood and is on some tubing (not the filter) is it harmful to my fish and plants??

image-3727255959.jpg

^thats what it looks like. That is not from my tank it's a picture that I found but it looks exactly the same as mine.
If its an algae will my otos eat it when I add them? I'm on the first day of a fishles cycle

A lot of wood goes through this process. Ottos will eat it right up. I'ts not harmful just ugly looking. It will usually last a couple weeks and then go away on it's own. 1 way to take some out it use a small tube about double the size of a air line. You can get them at any home depot or lowes. Just suck it off the wood like you were doing a water change.

That's good :) I took the wood out and I took some of it off and it hasn't come back :) but I was just simply worried it would kill my fish. Thank you for reassuring me

Back
Top Bottom