Starting fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Evil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Red eyes killed my Angel fish, I'm starting over. Water tested fine yesterday but today the water looks slight cloudy. What might be the problem? Want it perfect before I bring home some new Angels. Yes, the Red Eyes are gone!

New tank syndrome? Tank not cycled properly? Ammonia poisoning?Nitrite poisoning? Never trust test strips always use the master kit(drops). Cloudy water can be a bacterial bloom from a new tank cycling. Research research and more research. I enjoy learning about these sorts of things. I think it's a must for fish keeping.

Thank you! Was already contemplating the master test kit now I know for sure. I'm gonna give the tank a week before adding any new fish, don't you agree?

It's a large debate among fish keeper weather to have fish in during the cycling stage of a tank or not as it can take up to a month or two. I personally just make sure I use Prime water conditioner because it will make the ammonia and nitrite so it won't kill your fish. It doesn't eliminate it but it does change it to non harmful

Perfect! I just ordered both the master test kit and a bottle of Prime off of Amazon. It'll be here Tuesday. Thanks for letting me bounce ideas off your brain.

Back
Top Bottom