Stocking Underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaschard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just thought Id share some pics of the early additions to my tank. (100g FOWLR with 15g fuge and 15g sump)

I am a bit limited as to what I buy as my LFS doesnt speak English. CUC for example has proved to be a major pain. When I asked for crabs they stared blankly (none of them have any in their tanks). When I asked for shrimp they tried to give me a mantis and when I asked for any kind of snail they gave me a bottle of snail killing liqiud..

Over the course of a few weeks I have ended up with the following:

Juvenile Clown
Black Clown
Yellow Tang
'other' Tang - (I think it most closely resembles a Scopus - advice much appreciated)
Both Tangs were happy in the same tank for the 5mins I spent watching them. In my tank the 'other' tang was a bit aggressive at first but has since calmed down... Fingers crossed.
Arabian Cowrie x2

The Cowries were the closest I could get to a CUC. From that point of view they are doing a mega job. Tearing through my substrate removing trails of algae and motoring all over the rocks doing much the same. Surely too good to be true? What's the downside? I have no coral/inverts and I have heard they can be a problem in that department...

Feeding a mixture of brine shrimp, pellets, frozen (supermarket) prawns and a 1" x 1" square of Nori per day... Too much? Not enough?

Anyway - I digress.

Attachments

• Yellow Tang 14_09_11.jpg
    Yellow Tang 14_09_11.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 315
  • 'other' Tang 14_09_11.jpg
    'other' Tang 14_09_11.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Arabian.JPG
    Arabian.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 87
I thought it was. He/She is beautiful.

All inhabitants seem to be doing well and full of energy.

I am having my doubts about whether the Cowries have enough to eat. They have cleared through my substrate algae/diatoms and are a lot less mobile recently. They are always somewhere different when I come down in the morning so they are up to something overnight. Anyone know if I can/should supplement their diet with anything?

I thought it was. He/She is beautiful.

All inhabitants seem to be doing well and full of energy.

I am having my doubts about whether the Cowries have enough to eat. They have cleared through my substrate algae/diatoms and are a lot less mobile recently. They are always somewhere different when I come down in the morning so they are up to something overnight. Anyone know if I can/should supplement their diet with anything?

Glad to hear things are going well!:) Have you had any aggression between your two tangs? I am asking because when I upgrade, I plan on getting those two. :)

At first they were a little bit aggressive. One would stake out a bit of territory and chase the other if he/she came near. That lasted a couple of days. Now they appear to be friends... If that's possible. They follow each other around the tank constantly and I have even come down in the morning to find them both 'sleeping' in the same hole in the rocks.

Perhaps I just got lucky but I did introduce them at the same time (which appears to be the advice available) and couldnt be happier with their progress!

Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom