Synodontis ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim Wheatley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Two days after I got him this guy fell on the floor, flopped his way under the tank and I had to pick him up with my hand. He's doing fine, I eventually had my hand looked at and needed a few (3) stitches. So be careful picking up those Syn cats with your hands, ok? ;)

He seems to have a longer snout than most Syn cats I have seen, and certainly longer in the nose than my Euptera... He's about 7-9 inches long and isn't shy like the Syn Euptera I have in my other tank.

Here's some photos, hopefully someone can help ID him? I thought maybe Synodontis longirostris?

Attachments

• DSC_0772.jpg
    DSC_0772.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0779.jpg
    DSC_0779.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0785.jpg
    DSC_0785.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 84
I'm not an expert, but it looks like a hybrid of S. decorus and something else. Try posting the pics on planetcatfish for a better-informed opinion than mine.

toddnbecka said:
I'm not an expert, but it looks like a hybrid of S. decorus and something else. Try posting the pics on planetcatfish for a better-informed opinion than mine.

I agree, I think it is a mix of S. Decorous and S. Multipunctatus. I think they call these Jaguar Synodontis but don't quote me on that.

Back
Top Bottom