This thing is a BEAST man!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Feast your eyes on the greatest protein skimmer in the world (IMO) the Marineland Pro 300 gallon protein skimmer! I have waited almost a week for this baby to get here today, but it finally arrived and it's great! As I said I had the Pro 100 gallon version but I didn't like it because the collection container was to small and it looked like the tube connected to the pump in the bottom where the bubbles flowed out of was wayyyy to small! Not on the 300 version though man.... this thing is MAMMATH! A BEAST! I'll never use another protein skimmer.
I also decided on it simply for the fact in the future I do plan on purchasing a bigger tank (not in the near future, but definitely in the future because the Emp angel is gonna get BIG) so this way I won't need another skimmer, I can just move my refugium over with the skimmer and be good to go!
(You'll notice in one of the pictures I've included the size different between the 300 gallon version and the 100 gallon version.) Haha the 300 gallon version looks as it's about to stomp all over the 100 rofl. It doesn't even look like they'll be a break in period of any sort. As soon as I plugged er in she went to work and already started to pull nasty gunk out.

Also included an updated pic of my refugium with my new 40 watt 50/50 power compact light, I ditched the Home Depot light for this because it seemed as though my macro wasn't doing so well.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 83
Haha no not at all, although people at my work do think I am weird being as excited as I am about my aquarium and supplies. This skimmer is amazing man, there are people who don't like these Marineland skimmers and honestly I don't see why at all! The 300 gallon version is much more efficent then the 100 gallon version however. The 100 gallon version did not operate all that well in comparison.

Man this thing is such a beast though! It barely made it in my sump haha. If I do ever in fact decide to upgrade tank sizes I'll be set.

All I can say is buy one of these monsters if you can afford it. Ebay sells them for $242 with shipping.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom