trying this again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
It has been a few weeks since I lost my angel... My LFS had a new shipment in the other day and they are the exact size of my current angel who was also my first one that I've been trying to find a friend for. So now I'm acclimating this really pretty silver/grey angel who seems excited to get out of the bag (a good sign, right?). Also, they had one lonely rummynosed tetra which I got for free and he will soon be the seventh addition to my school of rummies. I got pretty discouraged when I lost that other angel (no cause of death has been determined) so hopefully this one will work out.

lol, thanks guys... so far it looks good. No aggression, but the new angel doesn't seem entirely comfortable, I'll get pics in a few days... hopefully by then the new angel will be looking confident

Just wanted to update on the angel.

My original angel (Darth) has taken to the new angel quite nicely. Just as a comparison, the last angel I brought in was slightly larger than Darth and Darth had tried to show dominance and didn't seem as accepting as he is now with this new angel. Also, the new angel has kept it's color really nicely, with a smokey grey back half and a creamy-golden-white front half. The previous angel looked more like a wild angel, but was constantly losing its strips, I'm guessing from stress. My only concerns are that this new angel is not eating as aggressively as I'd like to see an angel eat, but I am happy to see that Darth has accepted the new angel as a tank mate and there is no aggresion between them (perhaps it helps that the new angel is almost exactly the same size as Darth).

Back
Top Bottom