Upside Down Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, i went to petsmart to get a SA bumblebee cat, ok, fast forward here's what happened, there wasn't one, instead they had an upside down catfish, i hadn't done much reasearch but i currently (and still have) a rescued syno cat already.So, i got him and named him "Down" (he's an upside down syno, so why not).He is currently in a QT tank and is VERY healthy, I will be updating and such on this thread about him when i have the time :lol:.

Didn't you just make a post about researching fish before buying them?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

We have all made impulse buys, and if he is an catfish expert, he should know the basic care. I would assume he is getting a group, but if he is not, he should.

To be fair to lungfish, syno cats do well in groups but it doesnt have to be the exact same syno.

So, i went to petsmart to get a SA bumblebee cat, ok, fast forward here's what happened, there wasn't one, instead they had an upside down catfish, i hadn't done much reasearch but i currently (and still have) a rescued syno cat already.So, i got him and named him "Down" (he's an upside down syno, so why not).He is currently in a QT tank and is VERY healthy, I will be updating and such on this thread about him when i have the time :lol:.

I think OP only got one upside-down catfish because the store only had One in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nothing else really happening (aside from my plans to get a fire eel). I will make a new thread called "upside down catfish blog" as soon as he is out of QT (4 days).

Nothing else really happening (aside from my plans to get a fire eel). I will make a new thread called "upside down catfish blog" as soon as he is out of QT (4 days).

Don't you only have a 45 gallon tank?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Off Topic Posts have been deleted. Please stay on topic.

To the OP, good luck with your new guy. I have kept them in the past. I am not personally a fan of their temperament, but they are a very neat species. I do suggest getting a few more when they are in stock since this species can be especially shy and seems to stress less in groups. Also, make sure you have a lot of cover for them. there are actually several species that swim upside down though. Double check which one you have to make sure it is Synodontis nigriventris (the most commonly available). I have read that they will be fine with other similarly sized synos, though personally I believe this species does better with a few more of its own kind to cut down on potential stress. JME.

Back
Top Bottom