We thought we bought a Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
We went to the LFS today in search of a yellow tank. The store was dimly lit and the label on the tank said Yellow Tang, looked healthy and happy so we bought him. When we got home I began the drip thingy and noticed he was outlined in blue, boy that's odd. After 1 and half hours he was ready for the tank, put him in, then another surprise his eyes are outlined in a brilliant blue. I put him in and found him in liveaquaria an found him to actually be a juvenile Bluue Carribean Tang. I explained this to my daughter and showed her what he will look like as an adult and she said I LIKE IT Daddy lets keep him. Here is a pic of our accidental new addition. That's it for a while.
Blue Caribbean Tang.jpg

That is a good looking accident :). And even more exciting... he is still a juvenile and you will get to see him change colours to his adult form. Am I right? A friend has one of these...and watching the colour change is very interesting. He will be all blue one day with a nice yellow bone spike and a yellow blush on his tail.

Nice accidental addition! - that sure is a beautiful fish ...

Those are the kind of tank accidents we like!

Thanks guys, I liked it too, most importantly my 5 yr old daughter (aka The Boss) loves it. Our plan is get all juveniles so we can watch them mature, this one will be special going from yellow to blue is going to be a treat.

ROFL @ (aka The Boss) LOL!!! Nice fish though, personally i would rather go with the yellow one that changes colors, then the one that doesnt.

Great fish. Nicer than a yellow tang IMO, and much harder to find.
When I got mine it was blue, but it's back to yellow again.

Then
abt_2-28-09.jpg

Now
abt_4-24-09.jpg

ROFL @ (aka The Boss) LOL!!! Nice fish though, personally i would rather go with the yellow one that changes colors, then the one that doesnt.
Thanks man, I didn't know there was a tang that did that and prefer it that way too. The Boss is the one that got me back into Aquaria by pestering me for about a year to get my 44 gal from grandpas house and didn't let up until it was put back into shape and back online. Oh yeah, she made a list all by herself of the fish by herself using liveaquaria and picking out all the pretty, peaceful, reef safe fish and they are her tanks. It's all good and both my 3 yr old and the boss are learning tons about marine life. Sorry for carrying on.

Great fish. Nicer than a yellow tang IMO, and much harder to find.
When I got mine it was blue, but it's back to yellow again.

Then
abt_2-28-09.jpg

Now
abt_4-24-09.jpg
Larry, that's one gorgeous fish. Does he change colors when he wants?

Dont be sorry, its funny hearing stories like that. Plus, hopefully with this tank, they will not only learn about marine life but have a newfound respect for all things under water. ;D

Dont be sorry, its funny hearing stories like that. Plus, hopefully with this tank, they will not only learn about marine life but have a newfound respect for all things under water. ;D
I believe they already do, the boss wants to test the water 5 times a day to make sure the water is OK for both tanks. I love it, its the coolest thing, you have to hear how she explains her tanks, the types of fish and what they eat.

That is one awesome fish Keith. I wasn't familiar with it so I had to Google, and both the adults and juvies are beautiful!

Larry- love the pics of your tang too! :D

Very nice addition. Especially if they only charged you for a yellow tang! ;)

Back
Top Bottom