What kind of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picked up this little guy at the store and was wondering if you could help me out and let me know what it is.

Attachments

• image-3976160353.jpg
    image-3976160353.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 185
Sorta hard to tell...best guess is Tiger oscar. If not some weird variety of spotte leaf fish.
Look like this?
tiger%20oscar.jpg

bruinsbro1997 said:
Sorta hard to tell...best guess is Leaopard bush fish.
Did it look like this?

If you mean leopard ctenopoma, I had one for a couple years and it never looked like that.

I think it's a tiger Oscar too but I didn't see any red in it only black and white. It's in a 75 with an arrowana and a royal pleco.

Attachments

• image-3321000996.jpg
    image-3321000996.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 131
From the pic it looks very orange...

Is this a permanent home or a temporary home? IDK how an arowana will do with an oscar, let alone how an arowana will do in a 75 Gallon tank...

It's temporary. I have a 125 that I'm cycling right now for them. I figured since the arrowana stays at the top and the Oscar stays in the middle they would be fine together.

Honestly, I wouldn't put an oscar with an arowana.

1) oscars are usually the meanest of the cichlids (not including the african family)

2) arowanas can have their own attitude problems.

3) arowanas are expensive fish, you're adding a fish that has known aggression issues, you could very well be on your way to have an expensive fish killed.

4) oscars are messy fish, arowanas need near perfect conditions.

IMO, you should re-home the oscar before the problems start.

I had a baby aro and a Oscar a long time ago. One day the Oscar decided to bite him on the bottom of it's throat . Instant death. Separate them.

The arrowana is 11" long and the Oscar is 2" so if anything the Oscar will become a meal for the arrowana.

Most important rule..... never ever ever ever purchase a fish for your tank when you don't even know what it is. That just doesn't make sense and can bite you in the butt or, even worse, result in your existing fish being killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom