What's the name of my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zebedee99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently bought some fish from my friend 2 bristlenose,and 2 bulldog catfish plus the one in the photo I need identifying. I wondered is he/she a featherfin or a pictus?

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 91
Thanks for replying,maybe I shudda said I know what family of fish as I know he/she is synodontis but which one? I am gunna be buying some nigrita a lovely yellow/gold colour and some more of these guys but need to know what type they are. [emoji846]

From planet catfish.......

"Similar to four other described catfish from the lake. The cuckoo catfish, Synodontis multipunctatus, is the most common import and you, occasionally, may also encounter S. polli, S. dhonti and S. tanganyicae. All sport the distinctive white barbels and are spotted as juveniles to some degree or other and thus another form of quick identification prevails - S. petricola and S. lucipinnis, are the only species with a solid white leading dorsal and pectoral fin ray and the spotted body pattern. S. petricola can be differentiated from S. lucipinnis by the former having smaller spots on the head than the body spots.
All in all. this species (as presently defined) is highly variable and likely to contain more than one valid species in the long run."

So it isn't S.petricola or S.lucipinnis

lol I find it funny that I have only replies from 1 person Where is everyone else?! [emoji38][emoji4]

lol I thought by posting I wud get a quicker answer rather than me looking everywhere but Oops being a tad lazy has served me right!! lol

Back
Top Bottom