Worthless but amusing loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a very amusing but worthless loach. Perhaps you all could shed some light. :)

I got a yoyo a couple weeks ago particularly to deal with snail control. I love loaches. They have great personalities and normally are very good about eating snails. However, my little guy doesn't care the least for snails. He prefers fish food it seems...and eats with my angelfish at the top during feeding time. He also tries to school with them. He is the only loach in the tank. I have watched carefully, and he will even sift through gravel looking for food and pass up snail after snail.

He has the markings of a yoyo and he fits the description, was sold as one. Looks like every other yoyo I have seen. He was the last one left for sale, so I only got the one. He seems to not like the yoyo recommended diet. Is it possible that he has sympathized with my other fish since he is the only loach? Anyone ever seen this? If I get another yoyo or other type of loach, anyone think he might start doing his job?

He has a lot of personality, but I don't think he knows that he is not an angelfish. :confused:

maybe not, get a few more of em they will eat em up.

My black kuhlis love my MTS' approx 3 dozen every 4 weeks they eat, where did you get your yo-yo? I bet he is used to fish food and doesnt know what he is truly missing.

Squish a snail against the glass. He'll figure it out from there. ;)

I wouldn't add more in a 20G.

I didn't know khulis ate mts... I've had quite a few over the years, and the snails remain ignored..

maybe not, get a few more of em they will eat em up.

My black kuhlis love my MTS' approx 3 dozen every 4 weeks they eat, where did you get your yo-yo? I bet he is used to fish food and doesnt know what he is truly missing.

I got my yoyo at a local fish store privately owned. He actually now lives with 4 large mystery snails. He completely ignores them, while the angelfish constantly taunt them. I don't really want to squish my ivory mystery snails to show the loach what to eat. And for the most part I have baited out the ramshorn snails from the tank. I left the MTS alone though. They will all be food for my dwafr puffer :D so his teeth don't get too gnarley.

Back
Top Bottom