Yep I'm a Betta Addict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 1 female and 3 males!! soon I'll be getting a sorority which will have 6 girls in a 10g (with tons of plants and hiding spots), My current girl will not be going into the sorority because she is very small, only like 1in and a half... she was bought as a petco baby so I assume that has something to do with it...

Oh my gosh! That male is amazing! I want a betta but I will have to get permission from my parental figures..........so it might be a while before I can get one:(

I have 1 female and 3 males!! soon I'll be getting a sorority which will have 6 girls in a 10g (with tons of plants and hiding spots), My current girl will not be going into the sorority because she is very small, only like 1in and a half... she was bought as a petco baby so I assume that has something to do with it...

I have 2 female crown tails in a lightly planted 15 gal column w/ an Oto, they all get along great. No issues AT ALL. You don't happen to be in SFL?? I don't want the female Bettas anymore. Our male died, we were gonna breed them & really it was my daughter's project & I'm ready to move on from them. But they're really sweet, will eat out of your fingers so until I find somebody who TRULY wants them, I happily take care of them.

So pretty! Can't wait to sell my 29 and set up a little 5 gallon paradise for one. I love their personalities!

Haha, I am going into new betta withdrawals! My car has been in the shop and I haven't been able to pick up any nice new bettas when they come into the lfs for a month! And I have free tank space! I want more males for breeding. And more tanks for breeding. Yeah, I have a problem, lol.

Muahaha... I found an awesome crowntail by chance while I was at Walmart today. I almost always look because sometimes they have some hidden gems, and today I found one! A pretty blue and yellow crowntail!

Unfortunately the flash just doesn't do his colors justice.

img_2551799_0_4303eb854152c0ff097442a904112f2d.jpg

img_2551799_1_b1fc4f67aa4087cd05000efd1ec12e9e.jpg

img_2551799_2_c5220d058a7d60237e335864c431ba6e.jpg

Aww you have pretty bettas :) My old betta had died from finrot :( he was living with my guppies and was perfectly fine until he stopped eating and got really sick. I really want another one.

Thank you. A year ago I bought my first one without doing any research, sadly he didn't make it. I have since learned so much on how to properly care for them & now have more than I probably should, LOL.

That's how I was with guppies before, and I think I need to learn more about bettas because my last one got sick and died :-(((

Those look so cool! I love their fins! Would bettas be good tankmates for neons/other tetras? .....If I ever get this tank cycled :)

Those look so cool! I love their fins! Would bettas be good tankmates for neons/other tetras? .....If I ever get this tank cycled :)

I have neons in my sorority tank and I haven't had any issues. You should be fine as long as the tetras you choose are not fin nippers. Bettas are prime targets for nippy fish because of their long flowy fins and the fact that they are generally slow swimmers.

I've always loved Bettas! I had them for years but never knew enough to properly care for them. Now that I know a lot more, my Betta I have now is doing great! He's very non-aggressive so I have him in a community tank. From my experience, he's doing quite wells with 4 Neon Tetra and has managed not to devour my Ghost Shrimp! Though he did nip at the Otos on the first day. If you have a Betta you want to move into a tank with other fish, my suggestion is to put a mirror to his tank to see how aggressive he is. I did this test and my Betta just nosed at the glass a bit and then went about his business. I guess I got lucky with such a beautiful and nice fish~

1078863_10201270025568085_903147884_o.jpg

I've just got my first betta and I can see how people get addicted. Eventually I would like to breed my own but going to wait till I have a bit more experience and knowledge. All your bettas look great :)

Back
Top Bottom