1 or 2 scarlet cleaner shrimp for a 54g corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandc805

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I just get 1 scarlet cleaner for my 54g FO tank or do I get a small pair? I currently have a goby, clown and 2 damsels. Will possibly get a small flame or regal tang in the next few months. They say they do better and are less shy when in pairs. Just looking for your guys opinions,
Thanks

I know they are quite pricey for a shrimp but imo is opt for a group of 3..I've always found that groups of 3 are better then just pairs. I always stick to odd numbers when making groups of just about anything

Do I really need that many for my size tank? I already have some snails and crabs for cleanup.

You don't NEED any just I find that with most creatures that like groups you get the best interaction with 3 or more but if you only want one then that's fine

The cleaner shrimp don't really clean anything but fish. I have one in my 54 corner and he is quite active and not shy. He's big now about 3". I added another smaller one the other day, but I think my emerald crab stalked it and killed it.

Back
Top Bottom