10 gal. FOWLR pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishAddict

Aquarium Advice Regular
this is my 10 gal. FOWLR 3 weeks after i set it up. that is 11 lbs of LR and you might be able to see some snails or hermit crabs. enjoy.

Attachments

• resize__1_375.jpg
    resize__1_375.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 39
  • resize__3_178.jpg
    resize__3_178.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 47
  • resize__2_576.jpg
    resize__2_576.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 42
yes the tank has cycled. some of the other things such as temp and salinity have been off a little but i think im at a point where i can buy a fish. i actually think im going out tonight to get a damsel or two :)

some of the other things such as temp and salinity have been off a little but i think im at a point where i can buy a fish.
I would get these under control before you add fish. Also, damsels can become aggressive when they get bigger. I think, the yellow tails tend to be less aggressive than most of the others, IME.

I would probably avoid damsels in a 10g. A firefish or other type of goby might be better off long term. If you went with a pair of small damsels you would not be able to add anything else later as they are territorial and your bio load would be about maxed out.

I would also hold off for at least 2 more weeks to ensure cycle is complete and everything else is in line. If you have a QT tank you defianetly could look at putting a fish or two in there in preparation.

What type of filtration are you using? If you update the "my info" section it will help us better help you.

Looking good so far,

OK, just take a look at these two links first:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=28

As you will see it is recommended that you provide at least a 30g tank. Even if you buy them small they will grow and potentially cause problems if not have health issues.

On the other hand this link shows a wide variety of nano appropriate fish for which a 10g would be more appropriate:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=2124

Personally I prefer a little variety. If you go with fish that are better sized for a 10g you can probably get 2-3 fish plus inverts providing you keep up on wter cahnges.

Either way I would still recommend you wait another 2 weeks to ensure your cycle is complete and get the other issues stabilized. This will also give you some more ime to consider potential inhabitants.

Just noticed your origianl post was a week ago, do you already have fish?

i was saying that im just keeping those for now. i have a friend with a bigger tank who wants them later. i bought those because i was sick of not having anything in my tank and i didnt have money to get anything else. i had been checking my water parameters and the tank was done its cycle. just thought you should know that because i am against using fish to cycle a tank no matter how cheap they are. i also replaced the heater so that wasnt an issue either. i didnt have a chance to respond to this but its been about 2 weeks and the fish are doing fine and seem to be happy. thanks for the input about what fish i should get and i will be using those sites to research what i have for options. i know it isnt much because of tank size which is a huge bummer but in the near future i should have the funds to set up a larger tank. i suppose i will be back asking questions about that also :D thanks again.

Got to start some where. :) As long as you realize the limitations and think of it as a nano. Some of the nicest complete setups I have seen are nano.

Good Luck,

Back
Top Bottom