10 gal lighting for live rock...again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went and picked up two strip lights. One actinic and one 50/50 as suggested by Reefrunner!...Thanks again!

Just wondering how long I should run the lights daily.

The LR is fully cured and the tank is still cycling, on day 5 I think!

Just want some pretty coralline! Hopefully some hitchhikers too! I think one of the colorfull rocks might be a piece of Ricordia? There are still some polyps attached to it. Not going to add any corals.

Thanks mates!

You will want to keep the light to a minimum while the tank cycles so it does not fuel unwanted algaes and such, 3-4 hrs/day should be fine to keep things maintained. Once the cycle is over you can slowly increase that amount by ½hr/day until you are upto a full days cycle. Corallines on the rock will especially grow well in with lights in the 420nm range so the actinic will be the greatest benefit. Both can eventually be run from 10-12 hrs a day once the tank is ready.

Cheers
Steve

Get a timmer from walmart or some simular store. They are less than $5 and will make it much easier to have the 12 on/off light cycle.

Back
Top Bottom