10 Gallon FOWLR Stocking Options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is amazing! *drools* I'll post pics of my tanks tomorrow. I'm technically supposed to be sleeping right now, so all the lights are off and stuff. :D

I'm not sure exactly when. I need to save up enough to get it. I should have enough soon for at least the powerhead. And I discovered that I need a new heater too... Yay, another thing to buy! :/

Actually if your room temp is ~75 you should be fine without a heater. Depending in what lights you have. If they're led, it may be too cool, but I think if your steady at 75 that's perfectly fine.

But remember that in some situations, house temperatures will alternate between seasons. In winter, we only heat the house to 65 and in summer, it's up at 75. It may be good now but when winter comes the temperature might drop.

Our house is a really old farm house. It was built in 1888, and has very bad installation. So the temperature in my room, where the tank will be, is not stable at all. On my other ten gallon in my room, I use a heater and it keeps it pretty stable. :)

That's what I meant by steady. If its always atleast 75 and never over 82 your fine. As long as the temp changes are very gradual and aren't over 2 degrees a day it's fine. And you can have 75 in winter and 82 in summer just make sure it's not a sudden increase. They need to acclimate.

Lol, yup. My room gets well over 90 at times. It's terrible! DX luckily the tanks never get that hot. Of course, with the saltwater one, since it's so expensive, I may put a fan blowing at it to make sure it doesn't get too hot. My fw 10 gallon only has 3 harlequin rasboras right now, and they're really hardy, so they can take some change in temp pretty well.

I would get a chiller too. Jacks tank got to like 87-89 or something and he almost lost a lot of corals. He has a chiller now I think.

I agree a chiller would be a good thing to get if the room temperature gets that high. Sucks because now that's ANOTHER thing to buy! DX

Yeah... I think I'm gonna have to beg for that for my birthday... Chillers are EXPENSIVE! DX

Cool! So, does it have to be an actual chiller, or would fans work? Cause those came up in my search for chillers, and I don't know how I would ever afford a chiller, and I don't think I would get that as a gift... :/

They'll only lower the temp to what the room temp is at. Chillers will "chill" to the desired setting.

Okay... Well, I have quite a predicament with the pricing on the chillers... I'll figure out a way to make it work though.

Back
Top Bottom