120 Gallon Aggresive FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need some advise for stocking my 120 gallon tank (60x18x25.5). This is my list so far
-Niger Trigger
-Humu Humu Trigger
-Dog Face Puffer
-Emperor Angel
-Some sort of Tang (need input)
-Snowflake eel
What i want to know if these fish would work in my tank and if some of them wont or if there is too many can you give me some other options for replacement. Also if i wanted would a lionfish work instead of the puffer or would the triggers kill it. any help is apreciated thanks

As far as the tang I would suggest something with an attitude with those tank mates. Maybe a sailfin.

will the stocking list work for the tank? is there any two triggers that could work?

no two triggers in a 120 gallon.I think the emperor might need a bit more room like 5-6' JMO. The eel could work if introduced before the trigger.As for the the tang maybe a purple or hippo.

So wat trigger would you recomend between a niger and humu. So the angel will work because its a 5 foot tank. What else would you suggest. right now this is the list
-Niger/Humu Trigger
-Dogface Puffer
-Emperor Angel
-Snowflake eel
-Tang
Just curious why i couldnt have the two triggers together because i have seen it done.

with this list could i keep any corals or invertebrate? If so which fish would and wouldnt work with them. Would subsituting the humu humu with a pink tail trigger instead be better? I just want some more color/movement and would only add a few corals/invertebrates. For the fish that wont work could you also give me some alternatives. thanks

i wish that you could put the fish you want with all corals and inverts haha. either way a niger and pinktail would be better than a niger and humu right? read a little on humu and it seems to be more of a bully when it gets bigger

what else would you put in the place of one of the triggers then?

so this is the list
-Humu Humu trigger
-Niger trigger
-Emperor Angel
-Dogface Puffer
-Some sort of tang
-Snowflake eel
I think i will take my chances with 2 triggers just because they seem like they get along the best and wont have to many problems when they figure out who the boss is.

what order should i add these to my tank and how long should i wait in between. Also is there any fish that should be larger than another? I dont want one fish :p:rocket: another just because they arent as agressive or whatever the case might be. This list sound ok right or is it too many fish. I just want to be sure that there isnt gonna be a big problem with space.

It's a 5' actually.The niger gets a good 18".We have strongly advised that you should only go with 1 trigger.If you get 2 then it will be over crowded for the angel.I have a 150 gallon and I'm only goin with 4 fish,just for my emperor angel.The trigger(s) and puffer will make some sort of a chew toy out of the snowflake eel.If you have to go with the eel then add it first but be warned it might get bullied by the trigger(s)/puffer.As for the list:
1 snowflake eel
1 ??? tang
1 emperor angel
1 humu/niger trigger
1 dogface puffer

For the Tang your gonna need to buy one that is already big, and has attitude. I reccommend a Sailfin. They have attitude and they can look bigger than they are if they need to fend off one of the other fish.

ok so if the eel will get picked on than what other fish could i do maybe in replacement of it. So should the tang be first and angel be last?

Back
Top Bottom