120 Long Tank! (Build Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your getting it from LA chances are it's eating or they wouldnt sell him/her A QT tank is the way to go trust me in the long run the little bit of time they take pays off

Grizz

I know, the QT is the way to go! I have seen the light! Unfortunately the light is at the end of the tunnel. LOL

I have been doing this without a QT for 2 years now, and no issues yet. Does not mean it will not happen. I bought the AngelFish and my first thought was, I should have a QT tank for this guy to make sure he is eating before putting him in my display.

So now I am going to risk it. I watched a video and one guy had to find the angel and almost force feed it. Once it starts eating they are very hardy fish and are easy to care for, it's just getting them acclimated and ready to go.

My only concern is the Coral Beauty I have, but being the Singapore Angel looks more like a Butterfly Fish, I don't think I will have a big issue. I think I will be fine.

I will get a 20 Long for a QT tank and a hospital tank, but honestly the Singapore Angel is the 2nd to last fish I am putting in.

My Singapore Angel is in and is acclimated.

I don't know if he will eat yet, but I hope so! So far he is exploring the tank, but he is kind of forced around due to some early aggression.

My tangs are doing their normal tail smack of the new guy, and my Luna wrasse has chased him around a bit. my Coral Beauty does not seem to mind to much, but has chased a little.

The same type of aggression my foxface went though. So I hope in a few days things will calm down and he will be out and about swimming like my foxface is now.

On the bright side my Foxface is doing well now! I was worried with all the aggression, but it has all died down for him. Now it's my Singapore Angels turn. He is about the size of my Coral Beauty which is 2 1/2 inches. My Tangs and wrasse are twice the size! So I am praying a bit! Wish him luck!

If he's out and about chances are the tangs aren't a bother to him. leave the lights off for a day to help things along. feed as normal

Grizz

Today was weird and I hope it will not continue.

My Singapore Angel is out and swimming around grazing off the rocks. My Coral Beauty is swimming next to him minding his own business. The Coral Beauty chased a little yesterday, but now it seems a little friendly. Also the Tangs and others don't seem to be bothering him too much, but still just a little.

What was weird, is I came to my Coral Beauty being beat the hell up, not by the Singapore Angel, but by my Luna Wrasse. My Wrasse was chasing the hell out of my Coral Beauty and so where my Tangs! They beat the crap out of him! :-( His fins are nipped and he has some bruising on the the side and one of his side fins are nipped. It's as if the other fish decided to not pick on the new guy, but on the old one. Now it's stopped after I came out. I put in a sea weed clip to make them focus on something else.

I never new adding a new fish can upset the old order. I thought things would be fine. So far no aggression from anyone now, but it worries me.

On the plus side, he looks like he is eating. Not much, but he is nibbling at the food, and he took one mysis shrimp fully in.

It's like he gets around and nips and than becomes uninterested in it. I hope he will thrive in my tank. Everything seems to be normal now.

I got a singapore angel about a month ago, maybe two months. It took me a while to get him to eat, about a week. Once he ate the first time he has been a pig ever since eating whatever i put in there. I wish you the best of luck with him/her. They are beautiful fish.

It's not unheard of, the poor CB lost his place in the reef and got singled out Hopefully things are settled now

So far things are back to normal.

Also my new guy is eating. Not much, but it's something! I know he will not starve to death at least.

I am buying live pods today! I got a lot of rock with lots of holes. So I hope I can maintain a population.

I guess I am putting in tigger pods tonight. That's what I bought today a bottle of tigger pods.

On the good note, my Singapore is eating a little more.

I am hopping with all the live rock I have the tigger pods will make a good colony. I got some phytoplankton to feed the pods. I am going to release them tonight when the lights are off and the fish are sleeping.

Just a quick update on the Singapore.

He is now fully eating and swimming. So I believe that means I am good?
Anyone with more experience than me know if they can just stop and go into hiding?

He is eating pellets and mysis shrimp, and anything else I throw into the tank. So I am happy!

Just showing off all of my fish. I got them all in one shot! LOL

I want ten fish, but only got 8 right now. Any suggestions?

Also, my Singapore Angelfish is eating and swimming with all of my other fish. My tank is back to the peaceful calm it once was! Getting ready to do a water change!

I love how I can change the water straight out of the sump tank without even disturbing the main tank. Makes me wish I did it two years ago! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6004.jpg
    IMG_6004.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 126
Introducing my daughter to my tank!

Just a quick update! My tank is doing great. No issues thus far, but the normal algae bloom. Hate it!

Anyway, my wife and I just had our baby!! She is doing well and I can't wait for her to come home and watch the tank with me. One of the reasons I built the tank!

Back
Top Bottom