125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Ive seen your electric rates and im not going near texas lol.we pay about half of what the average texan pays. Oh and texas doesnt have any sports teams worth cheering for lol

Sighs...agrees to the electric and as far as professional teams...ok...you win...lol!

Lol you didnt put up much of a fight. Going tomorrow to hooefully resolve my bulkhead issue.(have the 1" drain bulkheads but cant seem to find a fitting return bulkhead.) and then hopefully, sometime within the next week ill have the return pump

huma-huma said:
Lol you didnt put up much of a fight. Going tomorrow to hooefully resolve my bulkhead issue.(have the 1" drain bulkheads but cant seem to find a fitting return bulkhead.) and then hopefully, sometime within the next week ill have the return pump

LOL! I'm not a cowboy fan or a Houston fan!

The view from my couch, the base footer does lift the entire tank up 6" so it looks slightly too tall, but after a day or two of looking at it, im starting to like it. Everythings coming together nicely. Hoping to get the plumbing sorted out later today.

Attachments

• image-1977615941.jpg
    image-1977615941.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 122
Running the temporary plumbing (hopefully so i can get it filled up and running.) yes i am using sweeper vacuum hosing lol. Can cut it to length and works beautifully. Second pic is of how the water enters into the socks, then starts its journey through the refugium. Third pic is of the bulkhead design i threw together to keep excessive splashing to a minimum.

Attachments

• image-3953424850.jpg
    image-3953424850.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2320200206.jpg
    image-2320200206.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3832074816.jpg
    image-3832074816.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 132
Its currently leveled and taking on water!! 20g down,130 to go!

Attachments

• image-154792338.jpg
    image-154792338.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 107
Had to drain. Got 50g into it and it was starting to tilt forward ever so slightly. Also the tank seems a bit shaky. Trying to decide if reinforcing it to the wall would be beneficial or if i should just continue on. Perhaps when its loaded down with all 150-160 gallons itll sit still a bit better

Insert foot in mouth..... My stand, as it came from Aqueon, is 27" tall. Its now, thanks to my awesome building skills, 32" tall

coffeetwitch said:
yep yep both my diy stands are about 37" tall. really brings the view more to eye level while sitting.

Mine is eye level for the misses. Lol she just now realized tonight, after owning the tank for over a year, that our light fixture has 4 cooling fans... Lol short people. Yeah my tank is right in the middle. You have to look up a lil to see it while sitting, but i dont have to bend down anymore to look into it standing up

coffeetwitch said:
this is positive progress. i hate how the other one happened.

Def positive progress!! Im soo close to getting it filled with salt, rock and fish its not even funny. Got my wall braces cut and installed, should help to cut down on the movement of the stand/tank when the floors moves. I figured wood on wood wasnt exactly the best option for the braces so i cut some cardboard to fit the braces, then laid down half a tubes worth of silicone on the cardboard. I let it air dry for awhile, then sandwiched them between the wall braces and te stand. This way there will be a bit of shock absorption on the wall braces. Im also prob not gonna screw the stand down extremely tightly to the braces. Figured it needs to be able to move a tiny tiny bit in order to not stress one individual section of stand. (all i need is the back 72" frame piece cracking in half when the tanks full.) anyways heres a pic of the braces without the cardboard. They may not look like much, but theres 19 2.5" primeguard exterior screws holding them into the wall.

Attachments

• image-142876062.jpg
    image-142876062.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 123
I must say however, that ive got a 1lb box of exterior course thread screws into this stand/footer/wall brace... If it doesnt hold together for this, its not from a lack of screws lol. Attempting to level the tank now so i can screw the stand down to the braces

I must say however, that ive got a 1lb box of exterior course thread screws into this stand/footer/wall brace... If it doesnt hold together for this, its not from a lack of screws lol. Attempting to level the tank now so i can screw the stand down to the braces

how did it go???? i dont see how it wouldnt help it be less wobbly so long as you hit the studs in the wall!

Have yet to screw it to the braces. Apparently its harder than i thought to lift the tank/stand AND slide the shims under it. On a good note i may have found a mag 18 for the tank

Back
Top Bottom