125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ugh ive had enough of this. its running wide open, not closed a single bit, sitting in like 5 inches of water and its foaming so bad its lifting the cup and spilling over. im emailing Bubble magus

on second thought, im going to cut some pvc legs for it and try lifting it higher out of the water. theres got to be an answer

ive had this one for prob 6 months, if not very close. it was broke in and running completely fine, but ever since i started vodka dosing it is worthless. i guess its time to back off the vodka dosing and see what happens.

I have a bubble
Magus 77 and it took a few weeks for it to be dialed in, I have to make a raised platform for it, but it works great now. I looked at their website to see how high they recommend it being in the water column. Prob clean out the entire cup ever 4-5 days.

thats whats really upsetting me...i had it in 9-10" of water for several months and was crusining like a champ...then BAM it just starts overfoaming like a B!. ive made pvc pipe legs that bring it up to about 5-6" of water and the adjustment is wide open and its still foaming up through the cup and pushing the lid off. i think i just need to break down and email bubble magus. i REALLY want a DC powered skimmer, but between the wedding next year and my races...i simply dont have the money for it. only thing i could possibly do is lift it even further out of the water...but that would put me like 3-4" of water and idk if that would affect the performance.

Idk about performance and how that would work out. Have you tried cleaning out the intakes and pumps/impellers? Usually when mine starts to act up I clean everything out and it works perfect again.

yep, 3 times actually. had it torn down to individual pieces. even took the impeller out, cleaned the tunnel and impeller. really think its the vodka doing it. i stopped dosing prob 3-4 days ago and i actually had to lower my skimmer to get the level up high enough.. its still overflowing a bit but it seems to be slowing down

Seems as though i cant keep a steady flow of updates going on this tank. There have been several adjustments/ changed to the tank. My left side WP40 motor has developed an opeb short.. so when its out of water it runs fine.. but stops as soon as it touches water. Also the pump on my Bubble Magus skimmer keeps seizing up. I am currently in the process of cleaning it up to send in for warranty repair. Once it comes back. Its getting sold. I can get my hands on a huge curve 9 skimmer for dirt cheap:). The led lights seem to be doing great! All the corals love it. I am also in conversation with a local well experienced hobbyist. We are trying to tweak my tank to optimize the conditions for the corals. Also have a few new coral additions as well. Dont have photos but im going to try my best to get some today

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Heres some photos, they arent up to date as of today, but they are close

Thank you:). Fish are fat and happy. Tank just isnt quite where i want it yet coral-wise. But i am getting a bottle of aquavitro as i was advised by several hobbyists that it should help my corals really take off

Ended up getting the aquavitro the other day... and a small naso tang.. smh i couldnt make it out of there without him. Im 110% done stocking fish-wise. The aquavitro doesnt seem like it has really done anything for the corals as of yet butnim going to be adding another dose tonight in an attempt to get the nutrient levels up a bit. Starting tonight i am going to back my leds lights off gradually. Gonna try to get them down to 70%.

Lol yeah i must admit i was hesitant to add a yellow tang because its about as common as a clownfish, but wow if you cant see him from 3 rooms away. His bright yellow really stands out. The corals still arent doing well. At this point im starting to wonder if there isnt a foreign chem or toxin that got in thw tank. Ive lost a 2head frag of frogspawn and my bigger 3 head one is looking rough. Just need to keep up on the water changes

sorry this is over a year old, but the tank is still up and running. ive been on a huge hiatus from the forums and admitedly have not taken care of my tank. i went down a wavemaker and the algae took over... im currently trying to nurse it back to health. all the fish are doing great though:) will need to clean it up and get some photos.

Back
Top Bottom