125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wp40 has made it to my home!! all thats left is the leds, the salt hasnt even processed yet. im about tired of Amazons shipping. i ordered everything on the same day, within 2 hours of eachother. i have 2 orders already and the third is going to be here tomorrow. . and amazon hasnt even got mine prepped.....

Sometimes I get my amazon stuff before it evens gets a tracking number. Hopefully that's what happening

its only a 200g box of salt so im not too worried about it. wanna hear some funny news? so i needed DI resin and wanted to order the 150gpd upgrade from BRS right? well when i realized the upgrade was backordered, i didnt know if i wanted to pay for shipping on a $12 bag of resin, so i held off. well BRS sent me an email yesterday saying if i checked out within 72 hours, they would give me $5 off...great!!! go to check out...code doesnt work. so i email them. they responded today and said that the code should work now and they gave me $5 in BRS rewards "just in case"...lol im going to check out now and we shall see if the code works.

ugh it gets me everytime!! i go to a fish website and it somehow automatically places things in something called a shopping cart and bills me for stuff.... wth. apparently i now have DI resin AND a 150gpd upgrade kit coming....whoops. hope the wife loves me

ugh it gets me everytime!! i go to a fish website and it somehow automatically places things in something called a shopping cart and bills me for stuff.... wth. apparently i now have DI resin AND a 150gpd upgrade kit coming....whoops. hope the wife loves me

I hate that sometimes, especially when I'm just checking it out so I can give the full amount for the ok.

The LEDs are in!! The LEDs are in!!! Plugged one in to check it out and I'm stoked!! Only crappy part? I haven't finished the frame and free standing canopy yet... Crap

note to self- dont plug in all 3 panels, stand them up on end, then proceed to crank the whites up to 100%.... still seeing spots. i just tested one of the fixtures out in the frame i built, good to go there. need to finish staining the wood then need to work on some form of a mount to hold the panels in place.

it def was! i got the 2nd coat of poly stain on the new canopy. bought cable guides, a new ethernet (so that i can run it under the footboard) and some other odds n ends! i believe i got my port forwarding setup correctly so now i can remote access my controller. and i have spent the past 40 minutes working on coding for the equipment. heres a list of what i got accomplished in terms of coding
WP40Left- OFF from 9p-9a, also to shut off if return pump is off,fallback OFF
WP40Right- off with return pump, fallback ON
Skimmer- of with return pump. (trying to get a delayed ON figured out but no luck yet)
heaters- if> 76 then ON, if <78 then OFF
think thats it so far. really havent tweaked the lighting coding yet because im waiting to get the leds up and running before coding them.

Theres not a delayed start up for the skimmer in the menu? I know my reefkeeper has it right there when you program that.

I don't believe so. If there is I missed it. Either way it was a simple code to do. And yes, there's still a TON to do! Hopefully (hopefully) I'll be able to get a FTS tonight with the new lighting and canopy

Frames are done, fixtures are screwed into them, cable routers and holes are cut. Working on the hinges now

Got the old fixture down and now have the new fixture up on top of the tank. Waiting for 2 end pieces to dry then I'll be anchoring everything to the wall

The lights are up! I need to move the entire fixture down about 4 inches. Ahh I'm soo relieved to be done it's not even funny. Got a couple photos. Oh and forgot to mention picked up 3 amazing Zoa frags, a decent baseball size other coral (can't remember the name) and a huge brain coral. He gave me the brain coral for free because it wasn't doing good in his tank

pics! finally.
1900121_10203046284904233_2137178617_n.jpg

1012050_10203046285184240_1237997298_n.jpg

1779339_10203046285504248_1767386813_n.jpg

this is the initial setup. need to lower it some to get more light into the tank.
1798844_10203046285864257_86052659_n.jpg

Zooas look great under the lights!!! nice job! I'm sure you have a zillion things to still do, but dont we all? lol

thank you both:) its taking some getting used to but im def loving the lights!. i did set the 3 zoa frags around the zoa frag we had already only because it was actually growing pretty good so i figured mineaswell put them in the same area. moved the pulsing xenias down to the sandbed, also need to move all 3 of the Paly colonies down as well when i get home tn.

Back
Top Bottom