125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
After several months of staring at an empty 125, i finally decided to do something about it. Got ahold of another 125 and currently have my now base rock soaking!! Pic to come very soon

have you decided what type of tank fowlr or reef? i assume your just going to run the filtration you had before correct?

Fowlr/predator.. And im actually going the correct route and running a pre-fab refugium. Pretty stoked because the money that was going towards buying a new tank is now going on the refugium. I just want my blak volitan and harlequin tusk back

cool . I have ditched the whole fuge for a scrubber myself . I have a lot more luck this way. Well good luck this time around ill be following.

Well now you gotta give me more info on this scrubber... I built one myself and had it running for about 5 days before the tank broke.. What kinda results you getting?

Really good . A usual weeks harvest is over a # of wet algae. Before my scrubber nitrates were stuck at 40 ppm. Now i still have 4ppm trates and .25 ppm phosphates but for the past two months maybe more I haven't had a slightest increase in them between pwcs even with my big puff. Also im using red sea test kits not API junk so it's accurate results. It does take a while to see the benefits since the screen has to mature but will take one over a fuge any day.

No I run a 2500 diablo by reef Octo . My sump has no baffles either it's just a 55 gallon tank. Let me link a video to my scrubber .

That scrubber is amazing!! I still have mine attached to the stand so idk. (i think you should just send me yours;) )

Kio!! Whats up?!? Hows the aquatic life on your end

huma-huma said:
That scrubber is amazing!! I still have mine attached to the stand so idk. (i think you should just send me yours;) )

Got a 180g now... Look it up.. Kio 3.0

huma-huma said:

Thanks. Since its there might as well use it though..... O and no the scrubber is my baby its not going anywhere lol.

Wait you have a diablo skimmer?? Lol i thought running an algae scrubber meant you could go skimmer-less .

Kio you need to sen me that 180 right now! Thats awesome! Imma check it out

Lol you can easily go without one with an established scrubber. I had mine before the scrubber so I use it ..... Still works like a champ .

Soooo you should sell me your skimmer.. Just saying lol. Starting to form my stock list. These ones listed below are absolute musts.. Ill add to as i go

1-black volitan lion
1-aussie harlequin tusk
1-huma-huma trigger
1-niger trigger
1- engineer goby
2- fancy perculas

Yes i know that i have 4 big fish but idc... My filtration will handle it just fine:) any suggestions or some accesory fish

I would really be worried about those clowns with a lion. Anything 1/3 of their size is gone.... And volitans can get 15".

Got em covered. Since im starting just past square one, im going to add the fish correctly in terms of aggression and size.. The goby will be first up ($10), mated percula pair(80), triggers (40 each) then lion(70) ... Hopefully being that they are all gonna be babies when i get them, im hoping them growing up together will help.. (heres to hoping)

huma-huma said:
Got em covered. Since im starting just past square one, im going to add the fish correctly in terms of aggression and size.. The goby will be first up ($10), mated percula pair(80), triggers (40 each) then lion(70) ... Hopefully being that they are all gonna be babies when i get them, im hoping them growing up together will help.. (heres to hoping)

Well i wouldnt risk 80 dollar clowns.... Thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom