125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My big thing is I want what's healthiest for the fish. From what I have seen the LR isn't too bad w algae.

Here is a quick pic of the tank. I was happy to find out it was acrylic. I'll post more pics of it tomorrow when I get it cleaned up and get the sand and rock and everything in it and start the cycling.

ForumRunner_20111020_182414.jpg

if its just a few pieces? is it really bad? if its just one or two rocks maybe spot scrub if your concerned. i would still try to leave it alone if i could.

even if it was fishless there is still organic life on and in the rock.

lr die off from moving everything will start your cycle.

There is roughly 120 to 150 pounds worth. Big and small pieces. Enough to fill two 33 gallon Tupperware containers about 2/3 full. And thank you. The stand is actually set up to be a huge fuge. Im not sure how I'm going to set it up though.

I have 2 tubs of LR 1 tub of ls roughly 160 pounds total. A tub of power heads filter heaters, Skimmer etc. I'll post more pics and info on it tomorrow. So far for the stock list of fish its looking like a dog face puffer and snow flake eel. The wife wants both so they are a must.

Scrub the beejesus out of the sand.... if you don't it'll release harmful chems into the tank.. as for the live rock I wouldn't touch it either... you can kill off any excess algae during the cycle..

And twitch...I have 2 choices, 1 go with a mimic octopus tank...or 2 save up for a monster tank.... I think you know which route im gonna go

Maybe u could do one and two? Like get a monster tank and add a mimic octopus (no fish) and after a year when it passes away turn it into option 2. Kill two birds with one stone.

Scrub the beejesus out of the sand.... if you don't it'll release harmful chems into the tank.. as for the live rock I wouldn't touch it either... you can kill off any excess algae during the cycle..

And twitch...I have 2 choices, 1 go with a mimic octopus tank...or 2 save up for a monster tank.... I think you know which route im gonna go

a monster mimic tank... yeah i know.

Dang I never though of that lol... im sure if I went 300+ Gallo s I may be able to get some community fish... who knows

huma-huma said:
Dang I never though of that lol... im sure if I went 300+ Gallo s I may be able to get some community fish... who knows

Maybe. Im sure you good if they are large and peaceful.

I'll scrub the sand and just let the rock go. What is the best way to scrub the sand.

the only way i've heard to wash the sand is put some, not all of it, in a 5 gallon bucket and just run water into the bucket and wait till the water running over the edge is clear. thats the only way i've been told to wash sand maybe someone else has an option

The other option is using a pillowcase and doing small loads. :) I personally used the bucket and rinse til the sand runs clear. It takes a while but its worth it in the end.
:)

Ty for your responses. I have a feeling it may take 2 days to clean it all. Lol

ya but just think if you didnt clean it how many days it take to fix the problem it may cause in your tank... Just saying lol...

That is true I just wasn't sure due to everything being taken down when I brought it home

now that i think of it, i wonder if turning the sand into fluidized sand would clean it faster?? id think so due to the nature of fluidized sand...

Back
Top Bottom