125 gallon salt water build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdavidson

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will be picking up a 125 gallon established salt water tank the end of next week. I am planning to do fowlr in it after it is transported home and all tests are in check. So far the only thing planned for it is a yellow tang cuz my fiance loves em. I am trying to figure out what else to stock it with, and deff up for suggestions. I will be posting pics along the way.

I will be picking up a 125 gallon established salt water tank the end of next week. I am planning to do fowlr in it after it is transported home and all tests are in check. So far the only thing planned for it is a yellow tang cuz my fiance loves em. I am trying to figure out what else to stock it with, and deff up for suggestions. I will be posting pics along the way.

Great! I love Yellow Tangs too, definitely one of my favorite fish of all time! :) What about some kind of Wrasse? There are so many kinds, and they are so beautiful!

Wrasses are a great idea for fowlr setup, as long as you have a cover over the tank as they are jumpers. :) Also consider an angel fish or maybe a flame hawk. they are pretty awesome.

for some more ideas you can check out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums The site will tell you if its coral compatible, tank size recommendation and other useful information. :)

Yes they are, I have been looking at the dragon wrasse just wish they stayed as they look as juviniles lol.

I love the big angels but it seems like all the ones I like should be in a 220 gallon or bigger tank. I will deff check out the flame hawk. Ty

I am going to be doing the same thing! Going from my 75 gal reef to a fowlr 125 gal. I have peaceful fish so I will be doing non aggressive. It really comes down to whether you want aggressive like lionfish, triggers or non aggressive like chromis , cardinals, and wrasses. Good luck ! It's a fun dilemma! Just make sure your tank is totally cycled before putting in the critters!

Saltybabe said:
I am going to be doing the same thing! Going from my 75 gal reef to a fowlr 125 gal. I have peaceful fish so I will be doing non aggressive. It really comes down to whether you want aggressive like lionfish, triggers or non aggressive like chromis , cardinals, and wrasses. Good luck ! It's a fun dilemma! Just make sure your tank is totally cycled before putting in the critters!

Oh you have an established tank, that's awesome! Takes out all of the tedious waiting!

if its a fowlr why not look at a nice starfish? +1 on the flame hawk.

wrasses are cool too. have you looked at any butterfly fish? or maybe a harlequin tusk?

A star fish is a must. The soon to be wife has to have one, which I am good with. Itnmakes it easier to get the fish I want lol. I will check both of those out ty.

I am deff getting a racoon butterfly fish and prob 1 or 2 other I deff love the bright colors. The tusk looks awesome as well. Ty for the great suggestions.

hahaha lol im gonna start a fundraiser to ger you a bigger tank so you can house all these huge fish lol, that way you have a tusk

Ha. Thanks huma. One day when the time is right I will have one. And you bet your sweet patutty I'll get one then.

In the mean time I will continue to selfishly suggest all the fish I would want in the hopes that people tell me how they are to keep and take pictures for me to droll over While they enjoy them.

Lol. When is that mimic octopus tank going to be ready?

I picked up the tank yesterday and got it home and moved in. Decided to not bring the water with it to make it easier to move. I have about 160 pounds of live sand and roughly 150 in live rock. Over the next few days I am gonna rinse the sand and scrub the rock then start to cycle the tank. Also going to plan on how to set up the fuge. Right now the base is set as one that ia bigger than the tank. Ill upload a few pics of just the tank later today after I get a chance to clean it up some.

Would you just recommend using them as they are. Some of the live rock has access algae on it. There hasn't been fish in the tank in about a month. I have only had salt water tanks for about 6 weeks now. Regardless I know I have to recycle the tank.

Following! I'm working on a 125 FOWLR as well. Just picked it up yesterday
I also wouldn't scrub the LR because it will take a lot of the good stuff out, although it would take off all the bad stuff as well. It's really up to you.

Back
Top Bottom