125 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BornForFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! New to the site, and excited to settle in :D

I am currently setting up a 125 gallon FOWLR tank. And here is what I am considering for a stock list:

Powder Blue Tang and Yellow Tang (I understand the possible affliction with two tangs but I would love to have the mixture, and I have heard and seen good, positive results from these two)
Porcupine Puffer
Raccoon Butterfly
Flame Angel
Bird Wrasse
Blue Jaw Trigger
Zebra Eel

Now looking at the list, I believe I should take one off. I do think the flame will instead be in a 50 gallon tank I have elsewhere, which would take that off the list. Would I still need to take more off? I do want to upgrade someday, WANT, never know how the plans will go. But currently I do have a saving plan to raise enough money in about two years to hopefully upgrade to a 220 gallon. Hopefully all goes well with that, but hey, you never know. Anyway! Here is the tank specs.

125 Gallon pre-drilled dual corner overflow tank
Rs-200 reef sump from eshopps (Believe it's a 200)
Currently don't have a skimmer due to the fact that I am still researching
About 80 lbs dry rock
About 50 lbs live rock
70 lbs live sand

The list is due to change with suggestions and better possibilities. Thank you :D

Powder Blue Tangs can be nasty/mean. I would not worry about the two Tangs, but a PBT would kinda worry me. Clown Tangs are the same. My Yellow and Blonde Naso are best buds. Actually my Orange Spot Rabbitfish and two Tangs all follow each other around non-stop.

The Butterfly is cool, but they can be tricky. I've never had much luck with them and know other people with the same track record.

Live the Blue Jaw Trigger. One of my favorites.

The rest of the list seems okay. I'm sure you know the Puffer and Eel are messy eaters, so get a good skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I originally wanted a sailfin or a blue/hippo tang with the yellow, but because of the size of those two, I went instead with the powder. Would the aggression tone down of it was the last addition? I know that helps sometime, but not always, due to exceptions. I have actually changed my mind to a threadfin/Auriga butterfly, as I enjoy the colors better and have read they have a better outcome. I've owned a copperband butterfly before and had no issues. He ate everything. I think I got pretty lucky though because I know they are very picky. I also love the blue jaws, and they're on the good side of mixes. Great fish. And I agree, due to the list of fish and puffer and eel, I'm looking at reef octopus or an oversized eshopps cone skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom