175 gallon Marine...starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Openbrain

Aquarium Advice Activist
OT a person who wants to start over with the tank. It's been up and running for over a year. Nothing in it currently and hasn't changed water in months.

It has a sump.

?:
Would a 70% water change be good enough?

Would I clean the sump out?

Add a new bag of carbon?

It will be set up as FO due to his newness into the Marine tank ownership. He has never had any luck with it and asked for my assistance. I'm fairly schooled minus the questions above and what ever else is yet to come....which it's coming.....cause I have a dark cloud over my head.

:)

Love ya! Tara

I would clean the sump and tank as well maybe add an ammo source and assume a cycle I'd also do 100% WC

Yeah you need to verify that its still cycled. Just because its had water in it doesnt necessarily mean its still cycled properly. Other then verifying that, id test the amm/trites/trates and go from there.. If your trates are high (above 40) do a 50-75% wc to knock them down

huma-huma said:
Yeah you need to verify that its still cycled. Just because its had water in it doesnt necessarily mean its still cycled properly. Other then verifying that, id test the amm/trites/trates and go from there.. If your trates are high (above 40) do a 50-75% wc to knock them down

Ok he is gonna take 50% out and I'll check the readings on Thursday bringing a shrimp along for a cycle.

Back
Top Bottom