1st attempt to breed clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish4ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got 2 true percs about 3 weeks ago, I bought them from the same tank and they were different sizes . Does anyone know how long it could take for them to breed I haven't seen any bickering but they are different sizes and pay attention to each other. They share a 10 gallon with one other fish the bigger clown chases sometimes . Thanks

It may take a month, 6 months, a year or it may not happened at all. Just putting 2 clowns in the same tank doesn't guarantee they will become a mated pair.

^^^^ I have to agree with the Capt. my clowns have been in my tank for 10 months and nothing to report and they were together when I bought them.

I got my clown fry in the same tank at the lfs. It took 6 months for them to be an official pair. If I were you, I'd get a bigger tank than a 10g. They'll soon outgrow the tank and you'll face some problems with water quality.

I have a 30 it has a shrimp and snails that were putting in a 55 soon so the 30 will be all theres

They dug a hole in the sand in between some rocks and the small one is laying there

Back
Top Bottom