2 saltwater tanks into 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolverine1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, this is my 1st post and want to thank you for having me! Ok I wanted some advice I have a 92 gallon corner bowfront that has fish with live rock, blue tang, vlamangi tang, 2 perculla clowns, and 2 yellow tail damsels. and I have a 44 gal pentagon with dead coral in it, with a dwarf lion, and a smaller porcupine puffer. my question is I got a 125 gallon tank and I wanna combine them both and put all the fish into the 125. What's the best way to do this? Also I wanna have the 125 fish only tank with no live rock, I like the way the dead coral looks and I wanna make my 92 a reef so I don't wanna take out the live rock. Thanks for Any help!

Oh Yeah Those fish are fast , I was just wondering should I use water from both tanks or just 1 and how much? I'm thinking i will have to put a little live rock from the 92 in it to get the cycle but I don't wanna keep it in there! Thanks

since the rock is typically your filtration what are you goign to use to filter your tank?

i would read up on the cycle process cause i dont think you understand it.you cant put rocks in, cycle your tank and take all the rocks out. you are then left with a tank that is not cycled.

I have a proclear 150 wet/ dry trickle, that I am going to use on it! But that's my point I really don't want live rock in there! I could put some in my wet dry but I want dead coral in the tank! What do you think?

the dead coral will tech. be live... cause the part that makes live rock live is the bacteria which will grow on the dead coral..

Back
Top Bottom