20g High Nano cycling with live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_932362_0_74506b881791d215941e2edea807bbe8.jpg

Local stores are out of useful snails so im still shopping for the CUC

Hehe yea i keep moving rocks around. i got my sg a little off its 1.027 so i need to replace some water with my top off water. glad i have a refractometer.

Those are the nano's, i was suprised they give good flow for being so small. I got them because of their low power requirements. I hooked them up to a computer UPS and it works great as an emergency backup.

Wow, I was rite, I really paid attention, aint' I? :p Anyway, wow, that's koralia nano eh? I should have gotten that instead of Koralia 3, but in any the tank looks good, now we need living inhabitants :)

Wohooo... you got a pair, nice Shane! I pity mine for only by himself. Name them yet? :)

I will have my CUC thursday or friday. I am excited to have my new friends. My water readings are still zeros. They ate flake just fine. I am so happy to have them and see them get comfortable with the tank. I think the new rock placement makes them feel more secure. They seemed to like the cave.

img_933050_0_fd90fa628a8fb51705d21ee9da8cc32d.jpg

oh, oh, i forgot

help me pick out a shrimp please! I really like the scarlet cleaner shrimp but i do not know if i should have just one or if they do better in pairs.

DANG IT, my new freinds have ich. i checked them beyond well once again last night before lights out and not a mark, now they are covered. They arent acting any different but i cant ignore the grains on them.

is there anything i can do?

img_933101_0_72c6a3d09fdcf899295350c00e47898a.jpg

im planning to buy a 5-10g aquarium from walmart and use that as a qt tank. leaving the main tank fishless for up to six weeks as the reading suggests. My question is, does ich effect corals or snails/shrimp?

Wow, it covered within a short period of time, gosh, scary. I know you will be able to cure Fred and Ethel, you can do it!

its the wierdest thing, it was like they were covered in sand, thats all gone. There are three grains on each, the rest blew off when they went to play in the PH's

I havent given up hope, i will set up a qt and make sure they stay healthy. I fed them some garlic extreme with their flake. they ate it up.

img_933128_0_ab299f4827dae9d93958ab58404655a1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom