20g High Nano cycling with live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im hoping i jumped the gun and they were just dirty from playing in the sand. I am still going to QT them and treat as i normally would

its the wierdest thing, it was like they were covered in sand, thats all gone. There are three grains on each, the rest blew off when they went to play in the PH's

I havent given up hope, i will set up a qt and make sure they stay healthy. I fed them some garlic extreme with their flake. they ate it up.

The ick is not gone. The grains fall off to the substrate and over 200 little ones called tomites will come from each parasite. They will be back and more than the first time. Continue with the QT and treatment. Also continue with the fishless tank . Believe me they are not gone.

Thanks for the warning, sadly ive been down the ich road before in my loach days.
I will get the QT set up and running tonight. I will leave the display tank fishless.

Read up on those links melosu gave you. Freshwater ich and saltwater ich are two totally different beasts with totally different treatments.

I've been reading most of the day on the differences and treatments. I plan to Remove the fish to a QT which i will install tonight. Researching treatments, looking for a product that contains copper and formalin. I will Leave the display tank fish less and untreated for six weeks. normal maintenance still applies

If you are talking about FW dips then I totally say dont do it. I`ve seen only rarely that fish live through a FW dip let alone cure them. I know IME it has never worked and the fish died.

If you are talking about FW dips then I totally say dont do it. I`ve seen only rarely that fish live through a FW dip let alone cure them. I know IME it has never worked and the fish died.

In a book I was reading they dedicated couple pages to dips. He said if you could not quartine your fish that dips where the next best thing. He gave instructions for about 2-3 different recipes. I was about to post a thread asking about this, because I have never heard or practiced any of these technique and I was curious about the consensous.

I removed the pair from the main tank and they are in QT. I didnt use a substrate or any live rock, its a bare tank. Heater, hob filter with carbon removed. i thought about using one of the leading "ich cures" what do yall think? Oh im already feeding garlic soaked flake. VERY small amounts once a day. using vac to clean bottom with each pwc.

I think i want to treat with coppersafe. I do not know i trust my skills with adjusting saltwater sg. That article on hypo was very well put together. thank you so much for your continuing help during this problem.

Its hard to stay upbeat with an empty tank but i am thinking about bringing in a shrimp soon. The snails are busy doing their thing. I am researching frags at the moment. Keep my mind going in the positive is important. i do not want to lose the excitment of owning my own saltwater tank while the tank goes fallow.

Come on Shane, gotta stay positive!!! You can do it!!! :) Just think of what you want to have right after the ich is gone :)

I can do it! Im focusing on curing fred and ethel, ill treat them for 14 days or so. There is plenty i can focus on, being fishless isnt the end of the world.

thanks bawel!!

Ok from what i have read, ich does not host on corals. This means i can aquascape the tank while im waiting an additional six weeks. Would adding a couple frags a month hurt anything? I really like the red people eaters, i would like to get a frag of two or three polyps and figure out where to place them in my tank.

How many cleaner shrimp should i limit myself to in this small tank? Is one about all i should go with?

Back
Top Bottom