30 gallon angler tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TLTGF said:
That's great. I just found a link to rapid led kit for my biocube so it looks like that's right around the corner too. I'm hoping the few corals I'm adding will do ok under stock BC's for a couple months.

I hear ya. For now whatever goes in my tank has to be able to survive low flow and 10k whites and acintics.

From what I understand anglers like low flow, so that's what I'm basing mine on too.

I'm a little concerned. Feo still hasn't eaten the peppermint shrimp. He's moved around- but that's it.

Jlsardina said:
I'm a little concerned. Feo still hasn't eaten the peppermint shrimp. He's moved around- but that's it.

I am no expert at all..but after reading all these angler threads, they need variation to get them interested. Try buying a a really small damsel, and using shark formula, brine, and other types of food!

He was wild caught. Peppermint shrimp is alive. Lol. Juicy and packed with some vitamins

No need to worry just yet..Only been 2 days,,he may have eaten a day or 2 before you got him...By Thursday if he hasn't eaten i would try a chromis/damsel

Great looking tank! Have you got the bugger to eat yet? He looks almost like the one my LFS had when I wanted to buy one. I keep thinking my 36 would be a great home for him...and I wouldn't be worrying about my damsel in the tank anymore...lol.

FTMMWS said:
No need to worry just yet..Only been 2 days,,he may have eaten a day or 2 before you got him...By Thursday if he hasn't eaten i would try a chromis/damsel

Ok. I'll do that. I'm glad to report that he is moving around plenty though. I had two little power heads in there to make the macro happy but I think it was too much for him so I turned one off last night. He looked like he was floating when he hit that current higher up in the tank. Lol. Thankfully after I turned it off he found his spot to perch. It's odd though because I'm not sure why he swam to the top third of the tank in the first place. He is starting to blend in with the macro now which is cool to see. I'm going to try to put some PVC together today to rig the second power head further up to keep the surface of the tank in motion. I worry about parameters. I can already see algae in my future with so little movement as it is now. Is this a problem for you?

Sniperhank said:
Great looking tank! Have you got the bugger to eat yet? He looks almost like the one my LFS had when I wanted to buy one. I keep thinking my 36 would be a great home for him...and I wouldn't be worrying about my damsel in the tank anymore...lol.

You should do it! Lol

Still waiting for him to eat. But every time I walk by and check for the peppermint he is just sitting there staring at me like "I ain't stupid- he will eat me!!!" lol

Ok. Still worried that he's not eating. So much that I'm debating the logistics of soaking a live peppermint in garlic. Lol

Lol - now that would be a sight! Hope he eats soon! Have you tried any other food types? Not saying you should, just wondering.

TLTGF said:
Lol - now that would be a sight! Hope he eats soon! Have you tried any other food types? Not saying you should, just wondering.

Gonna try a chromis tonight. But the smallest I have is about 1.5" and am worried it might be too much

I'm going to go tithe marina later and get live feeder shrimp (SW) and try that. Fingers crossed

Ok. Either my angler is a vegan or I need to get dumber feeder fish. Going on 3 hours of the chromis in there. Maybe I need to inventory the hermits? Peppermint is still there too. :(

Ok. Either my angler is a vegan or I need to get dumber feeder fish. Going on 3 hours of the chromis in there. Maybe I need to inventory the hermits? Peppermint is still there too. :(
Mine seems to strike at night with either no lights on or just moon lights..Maybe its just something they do when they are young.My painted will get a chromis in under 30 seconds ,but he's a veteran ;)..I didn't get him as young as ours are now..

I really wouldn't worry,,the food is there for him ,,try just leaving the lights off tonight and maybe all day tomorrow ..
Good luck,, I think he'll come around(y)

Ok. I'm worried lol. Shrimp and chromis still there. Lights were off all night and day today. I tried putting some clam in with feeding tongs but he literally looked at the clam and then at me like I was nuts. I wish I would have recorded that. What should I do? It's been a week!

Woohoo! I don't know when- but the chromis is gone!!!! I was worried he was too big at 1.5 inches (almost as big as feo) as well so this is a big relief.

Back
Top Bottom